UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » He11cats M600

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 27-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
He11cat

Smile He11cats M600

My little M600
I have had him lowered , shock changed.
Have a few more bits and bobs to put on.
Plan to respray it soon but may have it lowered another little bit as still on tiptoes! Which is ok til I hit a hill and have to stop!lol.

Old 28-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
giler

Looks very clean, and of course the best colour (saves loads of polishing)!
Old 28-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
Gilps

If you've lowered the back end then it may be worth considering dropping the yokes through the forks a little more. It'll help restore some of the balance to the steering and will help with the lowering efforts too. Just watch out for decking out the pegs and zorsts.
Old 28-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
Pancho

Nice lookin bike, looks to be in good order!
Old 28-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #5
big pete

Very nice HC, is that the snoopy seat!!! like the look of it lowered makes it look way longer.
Found out who the relys are in Fort Bill yet?
Old 28-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
He11cat

thanking you's ...

yokes are through a bit..

I am having another gel seat made at the mo with 50's style zodiac metal flake material..which I love...
trying to sculpt the seat to give me less width... and minimal height...due to my short legs.

I could do with an extra inch down.. as when i have to stop on slopes and cambers ..oh dear!!!..but its very low as it is and already had to moddy my house to get the bikes out!

Only issue I am not happy with is the ding in the tank..not me... So that will be rectified after I have had a play and got better...or replace my tank.

had belts done ,ignition fault sorted, back brake sorted, new diablos on, shock change, stand altered , seat in progress...
belly pan will go back on sale as its too long for such a low bike... carbon duke one so someone may like it..

will be sprayed up when I have had some more time with it and maybe adjusted the height some more.
been warned about carbs icing as well..so got to address that as well..

future plans are re-spray, change bars, add bikini fairing, stock zorsts got to go..thinking of tail chop not sure yet.. as I plan on putting some miles in next year and may have to fit a rack (shock horror yuk) that comes off easy!!! so would not be suitable for chop.
crash bungs here now so will get fitted... the real work probably get done springtime after I have trundled about on him a bit more....

having a bad time riding at the moment.. like a plank of wood and nervy .. so got to really relax down into it..not the bike its me..

May run him back to Karl and ask his opinion on any thing I can do to get that inch ..

@Pete id better call home.... il ask.....
Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Looks a nice bike HC. Be good to see it sometime soon. Make sure you come to Weekender and Belgium . I ride wooden too at times but Im a scaredy cat.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
He11cat

Im sure il meet you lot soon... lol....
I now am building a pile of bits .. starting to mend and spray the fairing... and thinking how the devil does this fit!! lol
Old 26-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
He11cat

Still waiting for the new seat... snoopy is not my thing..lol...

Bean cans on... I like them.. help was at hand lucky for me as it was a bit of a faff.. trust me to be akward...big thanks!!..
I really like...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hector.jpg (29.7 KB, 188 views)
Old 26-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
Bigxr

Nicely done. What happened to your fairing?
Old 26-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Nice cans there love!! (In a not rude way!!)

Yorkie
Old 26-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #12
He11cat

oh the fairing yes... this was the last bit... until I put the final dust of flake on... and laquer..

The paint was professional ..and should have been fine..
it reacted badly and bubbled in a few spots as you can imagine I went loopy after hours of work getting it to this..

currently took it back down and trying again as ir reacted again and the paint guy has offered to help as said shouldn't happen... its the right primer, the right paint.. was the clear and flake which was sposed to be right that set it off...

it looked good for a can job and a lot of rubbing compound see picture!! sob

I am now priming and sanding to start again.. and hope it doesn't react ... even when i took the clear and flake off it reacted..

On top of that the colour has been discontinued !! so I have to get it right this time..serves me right for trying to dust flake over the top!

But got the right stuff for the job... my laquer was faulty.. apparently lots been returned!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spray.jpg (31.8 KB, 168 views)
Old 26-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
He11cat

Cheer Yorkie had to be done!!! and opps the not for road use bit fell off.. dunno how!!!! lol
Old 26-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #14
rac3r

After watching The Dark Knight I've been thinking my next bike has to be matte black
Old 27-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #15
dunlop0_1

But got the right stuff for the job... my laquer was faulty.. apparently lots been returned!!

What was wrong with the laquer?

I was a vehicle painter for 22 years and never heard of lacuer being faulty. If you use acrylic based primer, basecoat and laquer you should have no problem. You will still have to be careful around any repairs as the solevent is very aggresive and will still wrinkle up if you apply to much to soon. You can get some barrier coat primer which stops this.

Also if you have used a 2k laquer and then apply acrylic basecoat over the top it will react like like paint stripper.

If you need any advice please ask.
Gonna be posting some pics soon on DIY airbrushing.

Neil