UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » walpole68's Monster 1100S

Old 11-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #31
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
And here they are.Straight swap 15 minutes.job done.

Look nice. Do you reckon we ( ahemm ) will ned the centre shroud. A bit steep price for that though.

My spares are now filling up a box too with bubblewrap and am now officially open clutched.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #32
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Look nice. Do you reckon we ( ahemm ) will ned the centre shroud. A bit steep price for that though.

My spares are now filling up a box too with bubblewrap and am now officially open clutched.
I dont think the centre piece is required,may look at some black mesh jobbie instead.
Now your bike has some mods its time for some updated photos in your let the mods begin thread.

Last edited by walpole68; 11-07-2009 at 11:08 PM..
Old 11-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #33
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Maybe tomorrow after she gets a clean bath. Shes absolutely filthy.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #34
MON

I like the look of them, but do think it would look even better with the centre section done too.

The trouble is, the only one I've found is this one:

It's at carbon4us.com but after they bombarded another forum with ads, they now seem to have gone to ground, with no stock and email that doesn't work...
Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #35
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
I like the look of them, but do think it would look even better with the centre section done too.

The trouble is, the only one I've found is this one:

It's at carbon4us.com but after they bombarded another forum with ads, they now seem to have gone to ground, with no stock and email that doesn't work...
Offers no protection.Looking for some thing to offer some protection as even flies seem to damage the fins !
Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #36
MON

That's not a major issue with a bit of B&Q mesh and a hot glue gun

The trouble is, I've never seen a carbon one anywhere else....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 001.jpg (29.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #37
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

You can probably tuck some B&Q mesh behind the cover. I may play today but not sure about the gold.I may try to just see but no doubt I will change the colour to silver.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #38
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

You beat me to it .Heres the link to German ebay with shroud.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Kuehlerabdeckung-...3A3%7C294%3A50
Old 12-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #39
walpole68

might just fit the 696 part as that has the same mesh as the air intakes on the tank
Old 12-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #40
MON

A sheet of mesh is only around a fiver from B&Q or Homebase if you want to do it yourself.

It's an easy job, just takes a little time.
Old 13-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #41
walpole68

Quote:
A sheet of mesh is only around a fiver from B&Q or Homebase if you want to do it yourself.

It's an easy job, just takes a little time.

Good idea,will pop in after work,just need to decide on colour,black,silver or gold...more decisions.
Old 13-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #42
MON

I did put the manufacturer, part number and an idea of its location in B&Q on the "other" website if it's any help

I've got carried away this morning and gone for the complete german setup that Albie pointed me towards.

As for colour, you've got a photo of my silver mesh above and Abie's on another thread, which may help you make up your mind. Just make sure you buy ally mesh and not the steel one!

Pity you didn't make it over the Sharnbrook yesterday...

Last edited by MON; 13-07-2009 at 10:24 AM..
Old 13-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #43
walpole68

Quote:
I did put the manufacturer, part number and an idea of its location in B&Q on the "other" website if it's any help

I've got carried away this morning and gone for the complete german setup that Albie pointed me towards.

Pity you didn't make it over the Sharnbrook yesterday...

The side bits do look very nice,about time we had some updated photos of yours too.
Cant ride out at the moment as the exhaust is off,trying to get a mid pipe made to remove the flapper valve and tidy that section up.
Old 13-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #44
MON

There will be an update soon as I have a multitude of bits and pieces on the way, but it'll probably be a couple of weeks yet.

There is a photo of it on the Sharnbrook thread, but not that close up.

Won't you have an issue with the stepper motor for the valve getting confused if you remove the valve? I thought the full system ECU was programmed slightly differently to the end can option, but I could be wrong.
Old 13-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #45
walpole68

Quote:
There will be an update soon as I have a multitude of bits and pieces on the way, but it'll probably be a couple of weeks yet.

There is a photo of it on the Sharnbrook thread, but not that close up.

Won't you have an issue with the stepper motor for the valve getting confused if you remove the valve? I thought the full system ECU was programmed slightly differently to the end can option, but I could be wrong.
The valve does not work with the cans ecu,is fully open as noise not a problem with race cans ! worst i could get is a fault code,might try unpluggin the servo under the seat and see what happens,the valve just looks horrible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: