UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Dead.... expired, an ex Monster...

Old 19-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #16
banditloon

Finally, I did something constructive on the rebuild (nearly two months after removing 80% of the electrics!).

The Termis have been cleaned!! Spaghetti pipes are now in the office, awaiting for that elusive quiet period of the week where no one disturbs me...

And some new leathers appeared also. I best get this rebuild completed!!

Last edited by banditloon; 19-06-2009 at 07:59 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #17
banditloon

Blimey, it's nearly a year since Her Holyness blew up on a Pan Euro!! Nice!

Hello everyone in UKMOC land!!! I'm still alive, just some issues have overtaken the project. Fingers crossed after the 10th I can start getting the old beast back into a bike shaped piece of art......

A sneak preview of the work done before my dad passed away last month;

Engine has been rebuilt, everything rebuilt, adjusted and put back in one case. It only took 4 months of quiet work time to get the 8 engine studs out.... Why oh why did Ducati choose to use something not cheese on the bits that break! New belts, new piston rings, valves all adjusted.

Forks now have nice shiney new fork legs! They just need fitting.

New air box fitted, carbs cleaned out and are now shiney.

New Pirelli boots fitted and brakes sorted.

Petrol leak being sorted at the moment.

Just a shame there is a ZRX in the way of Her Holyness, otherwise should would've been ready for the Monster weekender.

Last edited by banditloon; 05-05-2010 at 09:40 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #18
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditloon View Post
Blimey, it's nearly a year since Her Holyness blew up on a Pan Euro!! Nice!

Hello everyone in UKMOC land!!! I'm still alive, just some issues have overtaken the project. Fingers crossed after the 10th I can start getting the old beast back into a bike shaped piece of art......

A sneak preview of the work done before my dad passed away last month;

Engine has been rebuilt, everything rebuilt, adjusted and put back in one case. It only took 4 months of quiet work time to get the 8 engine studs out.... Why oh why did Ducati choose to use something not cheese on the bits that break! New belts, new piston rings, valves all adjusted.

Forks now have nice shiney new fork legs! They just need fitting.

New air box fitted, carbs cleaned out and are now shiney.

New Pirelli boots fitted and brakes sorted.

Petrol leak being sorted at the moment.

Just a shame there is a ZRX in the way of Her Holyness, otherwise should would've been ready for the Monster weekender.
My 1993 m900 killed it's main bearings about 3 weeks ago. It is currently in pieces waiting pickup on friday. I should have her ready by end of May.
If finance allow all in new paint job if not just frame.

I got a 944 big bore kit left over ......

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #19
banditloon

Well, 14 months now since the rear cylinder head studs snapped, and still the end is not yet in sight.

But I have bought some shiny carbon things....

And as I was on my way home, I decided to use some of my visiting rights at the workshop.....

So I may as well look forward to next summer, seeing as summer 2010 was last week
Old 02-06-2010, 11:35 PM   #20
banditloon

From boxes to Box Hill...

Finally, after nearly 14 months of the Monster sitting around in a warehouse in assorted A4 paperboxes and then being moved to a 'proper' work shop, the Monster is alive and kicking.

So far she has had;

a full service, new tyres, front brake overhaul, new fork tubes, petrol leak fixed, and not forgetting replacing all the cylinder head studs.

The old beast passed the MOT at the second attempt. First attempt was aborted due to two missing bolts from the suspension hoop (opps)......

It's nice to have her back working, and after getting her back to the warehouse, she was pulled apart, rear light was swapped for an LED unit, new tea tray fitted and carbon clutch cover fitted. I've just ordered some new frame plugs, Oberon indicators and now just looking at trying to get a new screen...

Finally, back at Box Hill in the sunshine!!

Just need to get the wheels sorted, polished or powder coated black again... hmmmmmm
Old 03-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #21
barbican

Good to see you both back on the road - and she's looking good as well
Old 05-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #22
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Finally, after nearly 14 months of the Monster sitting around in a warehouse in assorted A4 paperboxes and then being moved to a 'proper' work shop, the Monster is alive and kicking.

So far she has had;

a full service, new tyres, front brake overhaul, new fork tubes, petrol leak fixed, and not forgetting replacing all the cylinder head studs.

The old beast passed the MOT at the second attempt. First attempt was aborted due to two missing bolts from the suspension hoop (opps)......

It's nice to have her back working, and after getting her back to the warehouse, she was pulled apart, rear light was swapped for an LED unit, new tea tray fitted and carbon clutch cover fitted. I've just ordered some new frame plugs, Oberon indicators and now just looking at trying to get a new screen...

Finally, back at Box Hill in the sunshine!!

Just need to get the wheels sorted, polished or powder coated black again... hmmmmmm
Looking great! Wish my M600 looked like that! 'L' reg??? Mine's an 'N'. I guess I've got to blow it up and get it rebuilt!!!! I love the back light! Used to go to Box Hill on my TS100 LOL!!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #23
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Lovely nice job.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #24
banditloon

Her Holyness is no longer dead. She is alive and kicking, after a faltering hour and a bit spent in Snells workshop.

After the front mudguard snapped clean off (all typed in a Dirty Harry voice), and a quick trawl through our favourite friend of ebay, she now looks like this.

I can see the winter being spent looking for more carbon bits... Damn you Ebay!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #25
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Looking good there!

Yorkie
Old 20-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #26
banditloon

A quick update is required for the old Beasty from Bologna...

She had a fall this week, due to pilot and driver error. Muddy gravel covered road and a car driver scared of a bus! Luckily, the crash bungs took the brunt of the impact (my left bum cheek and right leg!). She suffered a broken bar end mirror, bent brake lever and also picked up a battle scar, a small dent to the tank.

All my worst fears went through my head before I got a look at her in daylight. She's had it, no more Nessie, but she proved she is a tough old Monster!

A quick ten minutes to clean off the grease, fuel and road crap she picked up, the spare bar end mirror fitted (I always seem to have spares of these......) and apart from requiring a lever, she is back in full shouting and working order!

As the great quote from The Life of Brian goes "You lucky lucky bas***d!!!"

by Ducatiloon, on Flickr

And I've just noticed!! A bit more of an update, the front stock indicators have finally been ditched for a set of Oberon LED flashy things! And now I can't think of anything else to buy, apart from a brake lever.

Last edited by banditloon; 20-03-2011 at 02:39 PM..
Old 27-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #27
banditloon

I've been out faffing today. A new picture of #237

by Ducatiloon, on Flickr
Old 27-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #28
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
I've been out faffing today. A new picture of #237

by Ducatiloon, on Flickr
Looking good again. Looks like Brooklands to me.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #29
banditloon

She was not on the banking at all.....
Old 19-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #30
banditloon

The final stages

I hope so, but "carbonitus" and modding never really finishes.

Today I feel I am reaching the final stages of Her Holyness' restoration. It's been a long journey, well to High Wycombe and back, just to pick up a rear wheel.

The old girl failed her MOT with excessive play on the rear wheel bearings. After replacing all the wheel bearings and spacers and getting an MOT, there was still a bit of play on the rear wheel but not as much as first time. Either I could bodge together a cunning piece of bearing holding trickery, or just give up, dump the rear wheel and replace with a newish one.

Fifty odd quid later and a trip to High Wycombe, I have pick up a rather good condition rear wheel, just requiring fixtures and a black rubber round thing, and some powder coating. A trip to the local powder coaters is penned in for the morning on the way to work, a strip down of the rear end and clean up of the swing arm, hugger ect and then fingers crossed, all back together in time for any summer weather that is due our way sometime soon.

Hopefully it'll be like unveiling a new bike when the cover comes off!