UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Scrapps' 900ie

Old 25-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #31
scrapps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird View Post
She's all purrty
I like the mirrors, are they sort of diamond shaped?

I have some light blue lipgloss that will match if you want it
yes sort of diamond shape,and yep bring the lip gloss
Old 25-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #32
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Well I and Caroline think it looks fantastic. As for helping it was and is a pleasure to help mates out. Having done one before it makes it easier but very frustrating seeing an idea I had had before I ended up with my scheme being used with such great results.
I feel privalaged I have already seen it and sat on and admired the deep glitter in the paint.

Two things I recommend you do.
1) Get a seat cowl done for when you show it or solo it. It really would be the business.

2) Get those red ducati stickers of your lid. You now need to look cool on your cool looking bike. ( or get a Momo lid )

Well done mate and I really want to start mine over again. Yes REALLY !!!!!!!!
You read my mind Albie - it's screaming out for matching seat cover. I would also consider colour matching the sidepanels, or leaving them off to reveal more of the frame?

Top job scrapps - it's a beauty & possible Arrow Mill BOTY

Last edited by gary tompkins; 25-03-2009 at 10:42 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #33
Duc600mon

metalflake looks good!
Old 27-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #34
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post
You read my mind Albie - it's screaming out for matching seat cover. I would also consider colour matching the sidepanels, or leaving them off to reveal more of the frame?
Sidepanels and TAIL in metalflake... and it would be all the better knowing it's JMo's old tail

Miles
Old 27-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #35
scrapps

I think to much silver would be over kill. I like the way the blue/black and silver looks. maybe a seat cowl would look good esp with the #on it to tie in with the belly pan.
I want to put older style pipes on it,maybe in satin black for the more retro look. i will keep my eye out for some secondhand.(single pipe conversion would be nice)
Happy to swap my lovely "carbon can co" cans for the right pipes s/h(my cans are new as replaced by insurance when stolen)

Last edited by scrapps; 27-03-2009 at 11:37 AM..
Old 28-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #36
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesB View Post
Sidepanels and TAIL in metalflake... and it would be all the better knowing it's JMo's old tail

Miles
Ho ho... just goes to show you can polish a turd afterall then?!

I reckon we should all get a prize at the weekender - it's turned out to be a real club effort by the sound of it! - isn't the UKMOC great!

xxx
Old 30-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #37
scrapps

Dont worrie JMo i will not mess with the tail it will stay black....
anyway budget all gone and i need to save my pennies for the weekender beer fund

It would be nice to think mine (and Albies) efforts would be noticed at the weekender but there will be lots of bike biult by people with much bigger talent and budgets than mine who i am sure will do better.

Last edited by scrapps; 30-03-2009 at 10:31 AM..
Old 31-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #38
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo View Post
Ho ho... just goes to show you can polish a turd afterall then?!
Some people could take offense at that - but you're gonna have to try harder with me
Old 01-04-2009, 02:52 AM   #39
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapps View Post
It would be nice to think mine (and Albies) efforts would be noticed at the weekender but there will be lots of bike biult by people with much bigger talent and budgets than mine who i am sure will do better.
Quite possibly, but money and 'talent' are no guarantee of taste and class...

You've certainly got my vote for best paint, but you'd have to lose that ghastly tail for it to be my B.O.T.Y... x

(and I'd prefer to see the OE headlight brackets too btw.)

You've done a fantastic job!

xxx
Old 01-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #40
scrapps

Cheers Jmo. I had a tail chop on my last monnie it looked great but i wanted to try and keep this one close to standard. I taxed it yesterday so it will back on the road today, i will do a few short runs first to check nowt falls off
Old 11-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #41
Mand

Hey Scrapps, sorry for the late reply but I think your bike looks dead good. Can't wait to see it at Arrow Mill.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #42
He11cat

Oh wow!!!!!!!.....

I love it!!!!!!!!!.....

Im also going for the metal flake look a la disco ball affair .... I wish I could have my frame painted so much....

im terrified they will not put enough flake on mine !!!!!...

saw a car done in rainbow flake on black which I like ... but was so sparse looked like a wee sneeze of metal flake in the paint...

I say bring on the bling fest!!!! lol.....

Oh its fab!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #43
scrapps

Cheers for your nice comments he11cat I like it and it sure is bling
Great when the sun hits it or under street lighting.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #44
animaluk

love the paul smart inspired paint

Looks good looks real good
Old 06-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #45
He11cat

some people bikes are sooo blinging you have to wear shades when the sun hits them ...arc eye.. lol..

I don't think the paint people better let me near the glitter cupboard... itl be like christmas cards at playschool... glitter .. no more .. oh just give me the glitter ....whoops..sorry..

Scrapps your bike is great... if all men had glittery bikes the world would be a wonderful happy place..
!! I think is tops!..it works so well.... love it!!!!.. honestly..
yours Hologram flakes???
I need to check out flake size as well... i don't want some piddly flake thing going on....
the car I saw the other week was a bit ... well... sparse.. squint and you missed the metalflake!!
im pondering between hologram and rainbow... if your going to do it then I feel it has to be OTT!!!..
My other bike has a discotastic glittery red seat as well that um made the owners club..weep then laugh!!..but they know me well!..... well done!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: