UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » 600 dark rebuild.

Old 19-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #91
clankie

not sure on the hole idea as there would be a few holes in the tubes . i might looking into getting the black rubber ones copied in red silcone rubber .we use a frim in work that makes one off and short runs of parts made in rubber .
Old 19-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #92
Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
yes very small holes in very few places and then filled with a rivet. There are holes in frames for various reasons you may have seen them on most bikes. Would you be scared to do such a thing then.
Yes, but then I'm scared of doing anything too mechanical to bikes. Cars I'm happy to take to pieces, rebuild, drill holes etc but bikes scare me in general, riding them and working on the important bits!
Old 19-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #93
bluestoesonnose

Can't understand why, less to go wrong on a bike.
Old 19-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #94
Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestoesonnose View Post
Can't understand why, less to go wrong on a bike.
Mechanically simpler yes. But if I get it wrong it's just me, a helmet and London traffic.
Old 19-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #95
pegboy

Liking the bike, I like the look of the front guard but then you will have that issue with rod grim over engine, have a look at rapstraps they do a red and they softer rubber, I found with cable ties can wear the paint after a while
Old 19-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #96
Pomp1

New Ducati all have holes in the frames for the wiring tabs, nothing too scary about them.
Also, I actually like the mudguard, I'm on a similar route myself, just not as straight.
Old 20-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #97
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I was looking at the front mudguard, and thinking that there was possibly some scope for cutting back the front of a std item but not as far, or as square, as yours is. I'd leave the back for cleanliness reasons though.
And then I noticed that your speedo cable looks in danger of flapping about and rubbing the tyre.
And then I realised that you've threaded it through the other side of the bottom yoke to how it was before, and you haven't fitted the little wire hoop thingy that holds it steady.
Not being picky, just helpful, hopefully.

Call me paranoid, but I wouldn't drill holes in my frame, no matter how small, and particularly if it was only for cosmetic reasons.
You might find that you can remove some of the ties and secure the cables in some other way, either to internal frame members or even just to each other in some cases, as that can sometimes stiffen them enough to maintain their position.
But I doubt if you'll manage to dispense with them all in this way.
Though, personally I don't mind the look of the black rubber ties anyway, particularly on a bike with a strong sense of black in the colour scheme.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #98
clankie

Thanks for the feed back everyone .utopia you arent being picky your words have been very helpful .when i took the pic of the bike i had'nt noticed i had routed the speedo cable on the wrong side
i havent fitted the the cable guide to the mudguard yet as i havent made a new one out of stainless yet . well the mudguard is staying for the time being it is growing on me just means more cleaning to keep the engine free from road crud !!!
Old 20-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #99
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Drilling holes, grinding, cutting welding etc. for me - no problem

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: