UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » S2R project ish!

Old 10-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #61
Davidg1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petej View Post
I'm debating some powder coating but, but will wait till I do the wheels. You got any pics of your engine??? Sounds like that may improve it till I can get the engine out.

My engines bubbled but thankfully it's not that noticeable, but I'm going to tidy the inspection covers and do what I can for now.
I'd also like to know what parts of the engine can be taken off and resprayed without a full strip down
Old 23-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #62
Petej

Long time since last update! Been so busy with work that the bikes not really had a look in, this weekend I've made a decision to go over to Terminogi cans, I've always wanted them but they neve came up, opportunity was there and my misses treated me!

They were not great condition, and the DP decat I grabbed out of the back of the garage that came with the bike was well corroded and looked shocking to be honest.

The Termis need a refresh so here's one done and one not!

Ok so the cans were a bit of work but...... The de cat and s pipes were pretty much an all day job, but with my other half's Uncle as keen to get them looking sharp and pride of place on the monster we set to work.... And we'll I'm absolutely chuffed with the result my hands are about finished but......

I've just finished fitting it all and it's solid and I'm absolutely chuffed and though I love the Arrows! The Termis are the right choice I think. Battery is in charge and I can't wait to fire her up in the morning!!

HELP - could some one with the stacked Termis please measure the stickers as I want to order the right size to finish them off.

Have done done other jobs but will post up about them tonorrow!

Cheers
Pete

Last edited by Petej; 23-02-2013 at 08:10 PM..
Old 24-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #63
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Excellent polishing job.
Stainless steel is just so nice, isn't it ?
The shiney finish goes right the way through to the inside.

To be honest, I'd suggest leaving the cans unstickered.
My cans still bear them, but they look a bit oversized and brash to my eye and I'm constantly tempted to remove them.
And your cans do bear a more subtle termi logo embossed into the end plate.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #64
Petej

Cheers, yeah the finish looks great, the headers look great behind the frame, far better than the rust oxidised standard ones!!

It's a tough call, there only cheap so I might get them and then make a final decision.....

Thanks for the positive comments

Pete
Old 24-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #65
Marsh...

Those pipes look 'well good' enjoyed reading this thread, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing pics of the finished bike.

Regards Marsh
Old 24-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #66
Nick Peace

That is a great job on exhaust, could you give me more details on how you polished theses?
I've just started to polish my carbs, have used gunk ,then auto sol but still not to what i want (some places are nice and shinny but some not) I am new to this so any help would be nice.
Old 24-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #67
Petej

Hi mate, thanks.. Started off with a harsher grade of wet and dry and work my way down, then use a polishing wheel to get the shine up. It is just time consuming but well worth it, autosol or meguiars metal polish are both good I personally used the Megs.

If you have no access to a wheel a drill with appropriate buffing tool will have the desired effect!

Pete
Old 24-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #68
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Nick.P .....Carbs are not the easiest thing to polish.
In addition to all the little, hard to get at, nooks and crannies, the metal itself doesn't take a shine all that well.
This is because alloying elements such as zinc are neccessary to get the molten metal to flow freely into the intricate bits during the casting process.
No reason why you shouldn't do it though.
I'd suggest a dremel type tool coupled with a selection of various shaped miniature felt mops for getting into the corners.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #69
Petej

Again been a while since I've really done much to update! Well the bike is now pretty much in one piece. It passed its MOT a couple of weeks ago which is a bonus.

Currently it's sitting on paddock stands awaiting fresh oil:

I have actually cleaned up the rear sets that were pretty murky, they do look better in the flesh I think though.

Main thing I have wanted for ages to clean up the oil cooler which as you can see looked beaten and tired!

Well still to have a final coat in the morning but looking far more presentable, I used some specific radiator paint and went for a satin black finish...

Change of spark plugs new oil and filter and then it's just some little bits too tidy before the sun pops out I hope! So I'll have a nearly finished and hopefully pretty good condition S2R
Old 28-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #70
desmodronic

just spied the hugger i sold you..!!! haha
Old 28-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #71
Mr.Number

Bike: S2r 1000

Some crackin effort going into this. What radiator paint did you go with ?
Mr.Number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #72
Petej

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodronic View Post
just spied the hugger i sold you..!!! haha
Indeed! It's on and looking good!
Old 28-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #73
Petej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Number View Post
Some crackin effort going into this. What radiator paint did you go with ?
Cheers, the paint is from an American company - ill have to venture into the garage later to confirm! But impressed with the finish its come out nice!
Old 29-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #74
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Looking good - all you need now is some decent weather to use it in

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: