UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » monster

Old 19-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #211
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
That is a nice example of a s4 916 that Chris posted up.Totally original and some good reliable miles clocked up on it. Nearly 25,000 miles of reliability. I dont see where the CRAP comes into your post. It looks like as Ducati made it. I admit some may think what I done to what is Uk surfers bike may not be to everyones taste but it started out like that one. Thats my taste and obviously Martin likes it. No one else has too
It may be also noted that a lot of members cannot afford large amounts of money to buy bikes and HAVE TO buy secondhand older bikes within a budget. They hardly want to buy CRAP but you say yours is which we regard silly just because a bolt or two undoes.Hardly worth selling because my headlight bulbs blown. You obviously dont like the bike. I dont really understand you.
Albie, (your ex-bike), Martin's bike is lovely! My bike really is CRAP but - not to me!! "In the eye of the beholder"???
Old 19-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #212
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz_62 View Post
Albie, (your ex-bike), Martin's bike is lovely! My bike really is CRAP but - not to me!! "In the eye of the beholder"???
albie i like ur old s4 as well, even more so wen i rode it back!!!
Old 19-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #213
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Thanks Liz but its what I wanted Cost me around £1500 to do and some enjoyable hours of playing with ideas and buying bits. Rather than selling it for an s4r I made it into one other than 80cc of engine. Your bike maybe nothing special NOT CRAP, but it can be turned into something special with time effort and a little money and a lotta love. You have to love your bike to want your bike as they do and will let you down from time to time. They are like humans other than they wont have an affair with a honda or yammy.
Keep it going and possibly bit by bit get it the way you want or buy something nicer later like s2r and pass it on to someone else who has a budget and a desire.
Ive done the old bike.97 m900 and then 03 s4 and just fortunate and stupidly fell for m1100s. Im lucky and Im working and I took a risk but I love my bike but DO miss s4. It was mine and Im proud and I have a plaque with UKMOC Bike of the Year 2008 to be proud of.

the whole point of this club is to unite people who have one thing in common. The DUCATI MONSTER. All monsters of age and colour and condition. Those who hate theirs dont last long on here because its offensive. We all have opinions on colour schemes and some will voice whether asked to or not. Some will voice when asked. Truth may hurt and boy have I been offended by some comments over 5 years on here. I take some in and throw some out. I have just changed clutch cover as some think its too bling. maybe is and I have chosen a nicer one IMHO like uksurfers but not because he had one but I liked it too.

Message over.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #214
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Quote:
His name is Chris and he's got a very 'pretty' blue M750 which he's gonna donate to me!!
thanks liz, tho r have to think about donating it. lol
Old 19-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #215
Liz
Co-ordination

Quote:
Thanks Liz but its what I wanted Cost me around £1500 to do and some enjoyable hours of playing with ideas and buying bits. Rather than selling it for an s4r I made it into one other than 80cc of engine. Your bike maybe nothing special NOT CRAP, but it can be turned into something special with time effort and a little money and a lotta love. You have to love your bike to want your bike as they do and will let you down from time to time. They are like humans other than they wont have an affair with a honda or yammy.
Keep it going and possibly bit by bit get it the way you want or buy something nicer later like s2r and pass it on to someone else who has a budget and a desire.
Ive done the old bike.97 m900 and then 03 s4 and just fortunate and stupidly fell for m1100s. Im lucky and Im working and I took a risk but I love my bike but DO miss s4. It was mine and Im proud and I have a plaque with UKMOC Bike of the Year 2008 to be proud of.

the whole point of this club is to unite people who have one thing in common. The DUCATI MONSTER. All monsters of age and colour and condition. Those who hate theirs dont last long on here because its offensive. We all have opinions on colour schemes and some will voice whether asked to or not. Some will voice when asked. Truth may hurt and boy have I been offended by some comments over 5 years on here. I take some in and throw some out. I have just changed clutch cover as some think its too bling. maybe is and I have chosen a nicer one IMHO like uksurfers but not because he had one but I liked it too.

Message over.
Trouble is Albie, I haven't got the money or the 'mechanical' ability so my bike has no 'bling' and just about gets looked after! But, I still love it and at the moment I've got to stick with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris yeatman View Post
thanks liz, tho r have to think about donating it. lol
Chris, think hard!!!
Old 19-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #216
Pomp1

Kneedown, may I ask why you still have the Monster if is such a crap bike? Reflect on the fact that has sold in such large number and still going some 16 years after first unveil, that can't be down to look alone, can it? You miss your VTR, I'm sure you can sell the monnie, buy a VTR and still quids in, it may turn you from the miserable mood you're in into a happy biker.(Altought that asking 6k for your bike can be a bit audacious, to say the least..)
Old 19-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #217
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Trouble is Albie, I haven't got the money or the 'mechanical' ability so my bike has no 'bling' and just about gets looked after! But, I still love it and at the moment I've got to stick with it!

Chris, think hard!!!
You dont need bling to make a nice bike..Your doing the right thing by JUST looking after her. I kinda wish I had a original bike to restore to stock . Not a new one. I just dont like new monsters stock. Thats what the clubs about to maybe assist in tasks helping others. Ask Scrapps. He helped me and I helped him. Just wait and get there slowly but if you need help ask or SHOUT LOUDLY.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 04:05 AM   #218
He11cat

at the end of the day each to their own....

the bikes I like others may not...
for example I like the little belgium Tricolor bike.. i would kill for that bike with dif paint mind.
When I was told about the Cromo I thought ohh that sounds a bit bling... as im so not a chrome person but in the flesh lovely bikes!!!

Scrapps bike again lovely....

However something covered in bling bits that cost a bomb and off the shelf or catalogue ..hmmm..and Im not keen on certain colour bikes either...

I think its nice just to check out the other bikes each is an extension of our personalities( well mine will be!!..it will have funny hair and a fat arse)
Im not sure I should have put that as it will spawn does that mean such and such's bike says he's a ... lol.. but you get my drift!!!
Old 20-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #219
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
My bike really is CRAP
your bikes not crap Liz, its in lovely 'original' condition, all you need to do is show it some TLC, keep it clean and tidy, and if you want to 'bling' it, do it on a budget, i did my M600 on a budget, couldn't afford much, so just did a little bit at a time.

And - more importantly than all that, its got two wheels and an engine, and gets you out and about meeting people like us!!!!!! priceless
Old 20-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #220
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
They are like humans other than they wont have an affair with a honda or yammy.
Errrr, I had a brief fling with a Thundercat! Lasted about 3 months before I "dumped her" and bought another Monster!
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #221
Liz
Co-ordination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
it may turn you from the miserable mood you're in into a happy biker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksurfer View Post
your bikes not crap Liz, its in lovely 'original' condition, all you need to do is show it some TLC, keep it clean and tidy, and if you want to 'bling' it, do it on a budget, i did my M600 on a budget, couldn't afford much, so just did a little bit at a time.

And - more importantly than all that, its got two wheels and an engine, and gets you out and about meeting people like us!!!!!! priceless
Thanks Martin - that's sweet! (Oops, that's a bit girly!) Yeah, cheers mate!!
Old 20-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #222
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksurfer View Post

to true, to true
Old 20-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #223
kneedown

:chuc kle:

Last edited by kneedown; 20-10-2009 at 09:11 PM..
Old 22-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #224
Liz
Co-ordination

Hey kneedown - nice to 'see' you have a laugh! Keep it up sweetie!
Old 22-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #225
kneedown

Talking

well i could not take anything on here for real '

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: