UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Ross' Yellow M750

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #1
RossObey01

Ross' Yellow M750

Good evening all,

I bought my M750 (first bike) from a chap off this forum in Feb. It's been sitting for a couple of weeks but I'm now in my Easter leave so thought I would tackle a few jobs that need doing.

They are..

- Cambelts
- Oil and filters
- Brake and clutch fluid
- Remove exhaust and re-lacquer the carbon

Today saw me get her out of the garage and get to familiar with the layout. I'm a (fairly new) mechanic by trade, but have never worked on bikes before.

I started off with the belts today, the most difficult bit being getting the covers off! I ended up having to remove a pipe from the oil cooler to get the bottom cover off.

I then found out the bike is missing it's tank prop, which made getting the top cover off a bit trickier. Anyway, belts off, bearings checked and new belts back on using the 5mm allen key method. Few turns over by hand and everything seems good.

Attempt to start her back up only to find the battery is too low, so it's on a pulse charger until tomorrow. I'll then drop the oil out after a little warm up and get the filter done hopefully.

One thing that did stump me today - I bought the service kit from Moto Rapido but the plugs supplied had the caps on the connector end, whereas my old plugs were the bare thread. I'll attempt to unscrew the caps from the new plugs tomorrow, as I'm hoping they just come off?

That's all I really got done today, apart from taking off some left over belly-pan mounting brackets from the last owner.

As soon as funds allow, the front light will be getting changed to an original single unit, unless I wake up one morning and fall in love with the twin set up...