UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Manchester » Manchester and North West 2020

Old 04-09-2020, 05:14 AM   #61
Moco1961

...what three scones.....now that's just greedy!"........or as I prefer to call it, a"challenge"
Old 06-09-2020, 01:20 PM   #62
Moco1961

Just for the record I had just one blueberry scone .....with low cal clotted cream and jam.

Good to see Pete,Andy C ,Andy B and annabelle again this morning.note to group, jam attracts wasps !!!!

Good to see the lockgate functioning so well, social distancing observed quite well I thought.

The forecast rain never arrived so dry day all around,until next time foks
Old 02-10-2020, 06:54 PM   #63
Moco1961

Covid 2 ukmoc 0

......so folks as we are in the midst of rising recorded cases and " special measures" in the North West,for the avoidance of doubt there will be NO monthly meet at the Lockgate this Sunday. I know,it sucks but we need to get through this, stay safe folks hope to see you soon.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:47 AM   #64
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
Well the sun is shining in a Northerly direction, looks a bit black across the fields at the back so probably a good idea to knock it on the head Mike
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #65
Moco1961

Flooded here mate,even the ducks are struggling.more a Covid descision than weather though. October brings some nice sunny days usually,albeit a bit chillifingers crossed
Old 04-10-2020, 10:13 AM   #66
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC2925 View Post
Well the sun is shining in a Northerly direction, looks a bit black across the fields at the back
This is normal for the Northern hemisphere, more so the further North you go.
At the time of your post the Sun should have been shining in a Westerly direction from the East.

The correct meteorological term for dark skies in Norfolk is.. Tha's Black o'er Will's Mother's.

Old 04-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #67
ChrisC2925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
Flooded here mate,even the ducks are struggling.more a Covid descision than weather though. October brings some nice sunny days usually,albeit a bit chillifingers crossed
We were on a flood alert from 17:00 last night until 08:00 this morning, filed on the eastern side of the house has got a small lake in the middle. The farmer has only recently sown it with grass for when he brings the sheep down off the hills for over wintering
Old 04-10-2020, 12:35 PM   #68
ChrisC2925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
This is normal for the Northern hemisphere, more so the further North you go.
At the time of your post the Sun should have been shining in a Westerly direction from the East.

The correct meteorological term for dark skies in Norfolk is.. Tha's Black o'er Will's Mother's.

You are quite right about the actual position of the sun, however, when I look out of the due north facing kitchen window and there's not a cloud in the sky I think it's safe to say it is sunny to the north. Likewise when I look over the fields from the due south facing kitchen window and the sky is leaden then I would rather be heading north than south towards where we were due to meet

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: