UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Monster M900 1999 - UKMOC Gen 2

Old 26-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #1
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Those gold chain adjusters & endplates are a new addition too?

Nice bike amigo, dropped bars & upgraded indicators are a couple of the mods on mine too. Great minds think alike perhaps but now I'm going to duck! LOL.
Old 26-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #2
Froggy46

Yes, the adjusters and rear plate were one of the first things to come in, original ones looked like they had spend some time in a canal... side plate were bent, looked like the were made from mince pie trays!
Parts came from German supplier MVS. Trying to stay on tasteful side and not going too bling!
Old 26-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #3
Froggy46

Keeping up with the updates: Winter 2016 and I was then working on the chassis. The bike getting a bit lively on the Essex back roads, it did really show that some freshening and improvements were required!

Wheels were looking also a bit tired so, full strip down, fresh powder coating satin black, new valves, news bearings, new crush drives...
with this done, new sticky Rossi Corsa fitted, the front discs were going to look out of place, so it was time for a strip down, 2K paint and and new set of Ti bolts

Before:

After, with new bearings and crush drives:

The work on the discs... paint was coming off really easily, masking was an absolute pain!

But looked great once done!

And fitted!