UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » 800 S2R Fork Spring Removal

Old 28-08-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
rick800s2r

Bike: S2r
800 S2R Fork Spring Removal

Hi,

Thinking of fitting Hypepro springs. In theory I should be able to do this without removing wheel and forks, provided I can lift the front end to fully extend the forks.
In theory!! anybody done this?
rick800s2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2020, 07:19 PM   #2
makemdan

Bike: M1100evo
Not done this on a Ducati but have on lots of other bikes. I always removed the wheel and forks, using a front paddock stand to support the yoke. If you're changing springs you really should change the oil which may also need to be a different viscosity to match the new springs, this usually done with the forks off the bike. It's easier to express the oil with the forks off the bike (and messy with the forks in situ)
makemdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 04:36 PM   #3
rick800s2r

Bike: S2r
Yes, done this on other bikes also. Fork oil changed by previous owner within the last 400 miles, but I take your point re oil viscosity and may have to change to match new springs. In which case out come the forks.
rick800s2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 07:05 PM   #4
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
If they are the fully adjustable Showa forks like what I have on the S4 then the Hyperpro spring will do very little to make them better, from what I can find and from my own experience it's the valving on these that is the problem. Re-springing them will just move the problem elsewhere. The un-adjustable type may of course be different altogether and respond better in which case you can ignore my comments as I have no experience with the nonadjustable type.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote