UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Pot hole damage

Old 10-08-2020, 08:08 PM   #1
Tim88

Bike: M1100evo
Pot hole damage

Subject title is not quite right but is near enough. I was riding back home along the A31 last night and overtaking a car at about 65mph when the car hit a half brick and sent it spinning into my path, I hit the brick and it has bent my rim, just a little, and taken a chunk out of my front tyre. Rode home the next 40 miles at modest speed thinking about life, love and the wonders of existence. Can anyone recommend a wheel rim staightening service within striking distance of west London? A3 corridor is perfect but I can drive the wheel elsewhere if it is a good place.
Many thanks,
Tim
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:28 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim88 View Post
Subject title is not quite right but is near enough. I was riding back home along the A31 last night and overtaking a car at about 65mph when the car hit a half brick and sent it spinning into my path, I hit the brick and it has bent my rim, just a little, and taken a chunk out of my front tyre. Rode home the next 40 miles at modest speed thinking about life, love and the wonders of existence. Can anyone recommend a wheel rim staightening service within striking distance of west London? A3 corridor is perfect but I can drive the wheel elsewhere if it is a good place.
Many thanks,
Tim
Get it to moto liner maidstone. Just Hermes it there for a tenner.
http://www.motoliner.com
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:15 AM   #3
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Yep Motoliner Maidstone did an super job on my monster front wheel recently
Old 11-08-2020, 07:56 AM   #4
Tim88

OK then , Motoliner it is then. Many thanks.
Old 13-08-2020, 01:12 PM   #5
makemdan

Hagon wheel services

Straightened my S2R wheel which was on an insurance write off bike. Think it was about 60 quid plus postage, postage only if they fail to repair. They're in Hainault IG6 3JH.

No one else woud touch it as the wheel had taken a canny Ding - the headstock was stretched to elliptical. The bike should have been a cat B but I bought it as a D... d for DOH
makemdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 11:15 PM   #6
Tim88

I'll keep Hagon in mind. At the risk of being a bit of an old fart, I had the fork stantions from my CB750FB straightened by Alf Hagon about 35 years ago after a falling off incident that won me a short stay in St Thomas' Hospital, river view and free food. Both organisations did a perfect job.