UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Servicing Kidderminster

Old 13-04-2022, 01:52 PM   #1
tasminracer

Bike: M695
Servicing Kidderminster

Hi, its about time i dragged my 695 out from the bike bubble its been in throughout covid and stick some miles on it.

its a one owner bike and ive only put about 8k miles on it.

So it needs a full service inc belts and an mot. I always used to take it to Ducati Wolverhamptoon , now moto 3d.

They are quoting about 490 plus anything extra it needs like chain, sprocket , pads etc.

ducati wolverhamption are starting at 610, which i suppose would maintain the dealer history, not thats thats probably worth anything on a 14 year old bike.. like a 695.
Would anyone local to kidderminster suggest a more local bike shop that they would trust. both 3d moto and Duc Worcester are a pita to get the bike to atm.

Cheers
Graham
tasminracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2022, 03:03 PM   #2
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I'd be looking for an independent that has done a 2V Duc before because Ducati are going to charge you a fortune. Most of it is fairly straight forward unless the valves need adjusting but if they've done a few before it should be cheaper. Have you tried Neil at Cornerspeed in North Notts? He might be a bit more realistic/cheaper than the usual Ducati stealership prices but maybe not so much.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2022, 05:45 PM   #3
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Could try Jonathon Vale at Vee Speed in Alcester.
07506 427705 is his mobile from Facebook or DM on Facebook
He is a great mechanic and very meticulous.
Old 13-04-2022, 10:31 PM   #4
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Maybe a bit far but a 50mile hike down to Motovation in Cheltenham ?
Old 15-04-2022, 08:18 PM   #5
motomartin11

Bike: M750
I'm looking for a local competent indy so shall be interested in replies to this post..........haven't yet found anybody local to trust with my bike........
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2022, 01:35 PM   #6
fastnfat

I can’t fault Neil at Cornerspeed in Sutton in Ashfield. He’s just serviced my Evo 1100 again. Service plus belts and valve check(didn’t need any adjustment this time) Only real downside for me is the distance from Birmingham but it’s not too bad a trip to deliver the bike and catch the train back and the same in reverse to collect it
fastnfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2022, 04:30 PM   #7
motomartin11

Slightly off topic I know but I'm currently awaiting confirmation from Ducati Worcester that they can supply a fuel tank copper washer and nut for my M750. I've never used them before but like to support locally wherever I can. I normally order OE parts via Moto Rapido who I've always found helpful and efficient especially with the 10% discount but I thought I could avoid postage on what should be 2 very cheap spare parts and at the same time I could check the local official dealers. I used Ducati Wolverhampton when I had my M620i before they ceased trading.........
Old 26-04-2022, 03:18 PM   #8
Stinger101

Bike: M1200s
You could try Streffords in Worcester. Have a chat to Nathan Strefford. He knows his stuff.
Stinger101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 03:47 PM   #9
motomartin11

Well........off topic slightly again I'm afraid but I collected my parts from Ducati Worcester last Friday. When I compared them to what's on the bike they were wrong. Phoned first thing on Saturday and was asked to email pics which I did straightaway and.... have heard nothing. Last time I bother trying to support a local dealer . I always cynically believed most dealers(but not all) are only interested in selling you a bike .Should have gone straight to Moto Rapido but when I phoned them on Saturday the parts dept. was closed for the bank holiday so I ordered what I needed from an online dealer in London and am still waiting......
Old 06-05-2022, 04:27 PM   #10
tasminracer

Bike: M695
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomartin11 View Post
Slightly off topic I know but I'm currently awaiting confirmation from Ducati Worcester that they can supply a fuel tank copper washer and nut for my M750. I've never used them before but like to support locally wherever I can. I normally order OE parts via Moto Rapido who I've always found helpful and efficient especially with the 10% discount but I thought I could avoid postage on what should be 2 very cheap spare parts and at the same time I could check the local official dealers. I used Ducati Wolverhampton when I had my M620i before they ceased trading.........
Yeah I always used ducati wolverhampton where i bought the bike from originally, always helpful. They didnt cease trading but ditched ducati for some reason. They do still do servicing and were quoting quite a bit less than Duc Worcester, but still main dealer of sorts.
tasminracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 08:26 PM   #11
motomartin11

Hmmmmmmmmm .......fortunately I can deal with most of the basic servicing requirements of my M750 myself but shall consider the suggestions put forward in this thread when I need professional help. While some of them are close to me-I'd always be prepared to travel if I know the work will be done with care and passion. I nearly bought a M695 before I was offered my M750-both through this forum.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:53 PM   #12
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Nelly at Cornerspeed is great, I know him through the DD race paddock, always friendly and helpful. Sorry to hear Tony and Dawn are no longer running Wolverhampton.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:24 AM   #13
rollo22

Ducati Wolverhampton ceased trading about 4 years ago.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:59 PM   #14
motomartin11

Moto Rapido has now sorted out my spares problem. I phoned them today and they knew exactly the part I need immediately without having to check the parts diagram. They have them in stock and are posting one to me today. They also flagged up the copper crush washer that is needed but I did manage to get that from Worcester but I tried chasing them for the fuel pipe outlet fitting again today before I called MR but no joy. Hope to be able to get my bike running over the weekend and have booked an MOT for Wednesday. Cannot recommend MR highly enough.
Old 12-05-2022, 09:49 PM   #15
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Agreed - all my dealings with MR have been overwhelmingly positive (and they support T Bridewell in BSB)
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: