UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » M750 carb balancing help please.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-02-2023, 10:13 AM   #1
Brian.

Bike: M750
M750 carb balancing help please.

Good morning all,

I've done most of the work needed to recommission my 1998 M750, and as part of this work I'd like to balance my carbs. They are not far out, but out they definitely are, as checked on my Carbtune.

The problem I'm having is accessing the balancing screw. It can just about see it, using a long LED light and a mirror. Is that how it's done? I can just about get a long thin screwdriver to it, but it's so difficult because using the mirror it's all back to front, ie I have to move the screwdriver the opposite way than it would appear. And that's just practicing, without the engine running.

It would be easier if I could drop the oil cooler down out of the way. I've removed the fixing screws, but the cooler will hardly move down at all; my bike is the later engine M750, and it has the carb heater system ie oil pipes to the float bowls etc., and there is virtually no "give" in the pipework.

Am I missing something here? Have I got the wrong idea here? Is there an easier way? Or is this just how it's done?

Any advice will be very gratefully received as ever.

Thank you! Brian.

Last edited by Brian.; 13-02-2023 at 10:16 AM..
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote