UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Ducati Museum Visit

Old 27-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
Stinger101

Bike: M1200s
Ducati Museum Visit

Hi, I'm in Bologna in May for the WSB at Imola and thought I'd visit the museum after on my way to Florence. I know some of you have visited the museum so; can I just turn up and have a look around (paying to get in of course) and is there a merchandise shop there? I'm not after a factory tour.
Thanks all.
Stinger101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I might be wrong but I thought you had to book, but not sure if you just want to look around the museum maybe not. There is a small merch shop in the museum and you used to get discount if you take proof of Ducati ownership, keys etc. I'm sure they still do that.

The factory tour isn't very long but is worth doing while there.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #3
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
I think you are meant to book and, if you know when you're going to be there, then that's the best thing to do.

Having said that, I've turned up on spec twice and been shown round the museum and factory with no problems. Both times, the guy on the gate made a phone call and told me to come back in an hour or so and I was just tacked onto one of the scheduled tours. Even got secure parking. I didn't have to pay on either occasion but there was a museum store which relieved me of a few of my euros.

The last time I went was nearly ten years ago so things might have changed now. I think the whole museum was renovated last year complete with revised exhibits; I'd thoroughly recommend it.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #4
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I'd book if I were you. An hour to wait in Borgp Panigale is not great, there is a bar up the road but that's about it.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 08:35 AM   #5
Jonno

I would book via the ducati website. I went 4 yrs ago and people were turned away. I think it is only about 10 people per tour. Well worth the effort but don't expect a quick reply.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:57 AM   #6
slob

You're a DOC member, your visits are free, I'll check the current situation re booking
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #7
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I think that there is a new merchandise/clothing shop just down the road from the main factory that was opened in the last year or two.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 05:44 PM   #8
Stevedesmo

Bike: S4r
Hate to spoil a nice debate, but with about 20 key strokes you could go straight to the website and find out everything you need to know.....amazing!
Stevedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 12:55 AM   #9
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedesmo View Post
Hate to spoil a nice debate, but with about 20 key strokes you could go straight to the website and find out everything you need to know.....amazing!
http://bfy.tw/BV8y

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #10
Ursa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedesmo View Post
Not so fast clever boy

Things not covered in Google :-
1. The Factory shop round the corner is pretty good with some discounted lines and great air conditioning. The rate of pound to euro will determine how good the pricing stacks up for current line items. A week after Brexit it wasn't great. They're also still trying to shift Crutchlow items...

2. If you turn up as a gent in shorts with pasty British legs, you may cause serious amusement to the ladies in the cloakroom. Mrs C is my witness to that.

3. There is a small cafe in the factory /museum where you can get a decent coffee or a small selection of snacks, so if you have to wait, it's not that bad.

4. The air-conditioning is superb throughout.

5. In the factory tour you'll be shown the door to the super secret Moto GP department, but not allowed in. You can peer through the small glass panel though. Am thinking they may have installed a butter fridge there by now. If you go, can you ask please and let me know.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #11
slob

Just emailed you Mark
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #12
Stinger101

Bike: M1200s
Thank you all. Gonna get myself in there. I'm so close to it on the 15th, it would be wrong not to. That's my 50th Birthday too so I'm going to create a scene unless I get what I want!
Stinger101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #13
Uncle Bob

Funnily enough that's the situation I'm in. I'm due to be in Florence in July, so it would be daft not to try and squeeze in a visit. Combined with WSB at Imola too though, sounds like a great trip!
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:33 PM   #14
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
You're a DOC member, your visits are free, I'll check the current situation re booking
Visiting the museum & factory next Thursday (pre-booked). My most up-to-date DOC membership card is for 2017 (haven't received my 2018 one as yet). Will this do or should I take something else in addition?
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #15
iainw

Bike: S4r
Last years card is ok. I went this time last year a couple of days after Mugello MotoGP and the manufacturers trophy was on the counter 😎.
iainw is offline   Reply With Quote