UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Ducati Museum Visit

Old 04-06-2018, 06:17 PM   #16
Mark64
Bronze Member

Bike: S4r
My wife took me for my 50th a few years ago, it's a great day out, have fun ��
Mark64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:45 PM   #17
Groovy748

Bike: M900
Factory + Bologna

We went to WSB at Imola and went to the factory on the Thursday before.
For the museum just rock up at the gates, show your Desmo Owners club card and you get in for free.
The factory tour needs to be booked but the nice lady at the gate said there were spaces in the hour so go to the museum then back for the factory tour.
Small gift shop at the factory that has a vending machine for coffee and cold drinks.
Museum is lovely but changed from ten years ago when we first went. Factory tour is more organised and they insist on stickers over your phones cameras.
Well worth doing and half price with Desmo card.

Big shop at the end of the street, great air con. Bargain T-shirts if you take XXL or XS.
American Diner next door was boiling hot and very average burgers.
Groovy748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #18
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Just returned from an excellent Bologna visit. Found a gem of a place to stay, 10 mins from airport by taxi (13 Euros), 20 minute walk to the factory, right next to Borgo Panigale train station so 7 minutes & 1 stop into Bologna. Will post details asap.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 04:44 PM   #19
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Here is where we stayed: https://www.booking.com/hotel/it/app...s=1&#hotelTmpl

Excellent, modern, well-equipped apartments which will each accommodate 4 people comfortably, 10 minutes by Taxi from the airport (13 Euros), 20 minutes walk to the Ducati factory & 7 minutes by train (1 stop) into Bologna (1.3 Euro). Borgo Panigale train station is a couple of minutes walk from the apartment. There is a new Lidl supermarket across the road from the apartment, about 7 or 8 minutes on foot. The apartments are behind an electrically operated gate so felt very secure and great for parking bikes out of sight. Cost 170 Euros per apartment for 3 nights. Bologna is a lovely, interesting city and very walkable. Highly recommended! We flew Ryanair from Manchester, flights were about £60 return each, just over 2 hours flight time.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #20
Flip

Bike: M900
When my wife treated me to a Museum visit a couple of years back we stayed here:

https://www.cityhotelbologna.it/

Nice and comfortable, very reasonably priced and a nice distance by taxi from the airport and the museum while the centre is walkable to take in the old buildings with plenty of places to eat.

https://www.bolognawelcome.com/en/ho...s-and-streets/