UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » S2R 800 2yr Service @ Rosso Corse

Old 19-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
Redkite

don't think it's misleading but 1300 minus 325 for new tyres\fitting will give you the price of the service (in euros).
A service is when you take your bike in to get it checked over and worn parts replaced, like tyres and brake pads as well as all the 'standard' bits like oil and belts...

Last edited by Redkite; 19-08-2008 at 03:24 PM..
Old 19-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redkite View Post
don't think it's misleading but 1300 minus 325 for new tyres\fitting will give you the price of the service (in euros).
A service is when you take your bike in to get it checked over and worn parts replaced, like tyres and brake pads as well as all the 'standard' bits like oil and belts...
I agree about getting worn parts replaced but they are not 'standard' service items - they are wear & tear. As each persons wear & tear are different, some maybe only covering 2000 miles a year or so, its misleading to add wear & tear to servicing costs, which is why they are never quoted for, but a reputable mechanic/workshop/dealer will always phone the customer to tell them - and give them the choice of getting them done at that time or later
I've previously plumped for the 'later' as even a month can make a difference to my bank account - and some tyre outfits (or husbands ) can be quite a bit cheaper than bike main dealers on occasions.

Anyways - Ali got his bike done & is happy
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
Funkatronic
another year another bike

Bike: S2r 1000
Sorry Charlotte
im writing things too quick,

thanks again for all your help
Funkatronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Redkite

Smile

OK, I see your point.
I did ask them to fit new tyres and front brake pads btw, much cheaper than taking the bike in later just for tyres.
Stu