UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » The Baby Monster

Old 03-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
He11cat

The Baby Monster

After a long and rather fraught journey ......

He arrived over a year ago now with chipped and bent frame , acid down frame and casings and list so long of problems even Carl Harrison was sick of the sight of it and I have never heard him mutter about a pain in the arse bike until this one.

Thank you to Grumpy's friend for being a star without Daren this would be a pile of bits!
Also for tolerating me and
I just got things like paint sorted and coating and parts and general running about like a loon. A hellslish start as well and huge setback
Il post pics below
Old 03-07-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
He11cat

beforeish

Last edited by He11cat; 03-07-2012 at 01:52 AM..
Old 03-07-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
He11cat

After

Last edited by He11cat; 03-07-2012 at 02:06 AM..
Old 03-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #4
He11cat

he powdercoat is a goldy yellow with a very very fine white flake in it that is only detectable in bright sunlight or very close inspection.

The black took a chap 6times to do, coudn't get it right or blemsih free.
I heard about a local chap Dave at Tricolour and he loves spraying Ducs he did it for me in the end and got it just right.
In the end I went with the raise decals like Hectors as they last and look really nice.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
He11cat

sorry posted twice I am so worn out at the mo...... as well as senile.

Last edited by He11cat; 03-07-2012 at 01:07 PM..
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Zak

It looks great, well done for sticking with it, end result proves it was def worth it!

Z.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
Dookbob

Nice one Mel. I particularly like the seat, that must be as low as you can go with a Monnie seat.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
the_adam

Looking very good Always liked the yellow frame ones...does he have a name yet or is it just Hector no.2?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
urbanfireblade

Don't often see the swing arm done to match the frame. Looks good, bit like a bumble bee
I'm also jealous of the rack on the back. One thing Monsters lack is ANY storage space!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
He11cat

I am currently saving to have the seat replaced as I don't like the side cut outs they look messy.
He also needs a new custom shock one on him is killing me.

I know this colour scheme is not a popular one but since I have had bikes I have always had a bright colour and black bike kicking about.
First one was hot pink and black.
I mocked up 3 options and I love orange and black and yellow and black.
There was a bit of a vote ...then a huge dilema then standing at the coaters I got but he looks like a bee and if he was orange he wouldn't !
So yellow and black it was.
Yellow with a black frame .. then I thought the other one has a black frame and I wasnted the trellis to be prominant.

Things like the wheels and body kit are all replacements.
The original stuff is still as it was.

I just need to get him tweeked
seat sorted
shock sorted
and new barends on.

I am really happy with him and wouldn't want him any other way.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
He11cat

I know the rack looks naff but I can't carry much on my back now my bikes are working bikes and I use them to go camping and stuff ... both have little rentek racks .

The swing arm made the yellow flow through.
A few people thought I sounded deranged with the idea but I like it .... I can see things in my old decrepid noggin.

He's now unbattered and hopefully will keep nice for a few years as he is staying put.

Last edited by He11cat; 03-07-2012 at 01:06 PM..
Old 03-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
urbanfireblade

I'll look into Rentek racks as I could do with something like that for mine. I think it looks good,practical comes first with me!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Nice job, Mel.
And full marks for being persistent and single-minded. The results speak for themselves.
I was particularly pleased to note that you didn't do the belt covers yellow...there was one on here about a year ago with yellow covers and I thought they looked a bit iffy.
If you're looking for bar-enders, check the 3" round Oberons....I think they do two types. Mine have a knuckle joint/pivot at the bar-end and a ball and socket adjuster on the mirror. £65 each isn't exactly cheap, but they're nicely made and I'm well pleased with mine. They also pivot fully inwards for getting through narrow gateways etc. and visibility is better than the std stalky ones, in my opinion. I'll try and post a pic (or pop over for seaside ice-cream once the weather improves).
As per my pm, I'm wondering whether a single can exhaust would suit the little motor...???
Maybe satin black Renthals too, if you're thinking of changing the (std..?) bars at all.
And of course, it needs a custom alternator cover plate....
But overall, a top job, with a unique and rare outcome.
Full marks.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #14
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfireblade View Post
I'll look into Rentek racks as I could do with something like that for mine. I think it looks good,practical comes first with me!
If you're not in too much of a hurry, I'm developing a design for a neat, quickly detachable rack for older monsters.
Watch this space (but don't hold you're breath...it could well be many months away yet).
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
urbanfireblade

Keep me posted Utopia, I'd be interested in it.