UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » I just....

Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Zak

I just....

Bought a 748s very low mileage, fsh, recent belt change, new tyres, new chain, mint con. Totally standard except for set of stainless termi's, I'm well made up!!! I'm beaming from ear to ear!

And do you know what I'm going to do with it....... Nothing!!! Keep it totally standard except the termi's, love it, ride it in perfect conditions only and stroke it........

Pick it up tonight, pics to follow!

Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!!

Z.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Well done you. I had one for about 2 years but hardly rode it . Its my own fault having an s4 that was more fun. Not saying the 748 was not but it is a serious bike like the 916. When I did ride it , it felt special and tbh I bought it for the pure look of it. The shape and the whole concept of one of the best designed motorcycles of its era. I wish it was a 916 after a while and if it were I doubt if I would have sold it. Saying that I regret selling it now but that was my choice.

Enjoy it and the reviness of it. Feels a bit weird revving a duke but they go ok dont they.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
FLATTOP

Very nice they are a beautiful bike what colour is it red or yellow.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Well done you. I had one for about 2 years but hardly rode it . Its my own fault having an s4 that was more fun. Not saying the 748 was not but it is a serious bike like the 916. When I did ride it , it felt special and tbh I bought it for the pure look of it. The shape and the whole concept of one of the best designed motorcycles of its era. I wish it was a 916 after a while and if it were I doubt if I would have sold it. Saying that I regret selling it now but that was my choice.

Enjoy it and the reviness of it. Feels a bit weird revving a duke but they go ok dont they.
its funny you say that, I used to own a 916sps, it was beautiful, and a good friend of mine owned a 748s, when we went out together he found it so much easier to get the gearing and revs right in each corner as the 748 span much faster, and at times you the 916 felt a little 'lazy', I've been looking for a mint 748s for ages. (the 'S' model for the suspension upgrades etc), and this one is very special, all I need now is my MV Augusta Serie Ora and I have my dream bike garage!

Like you I wish I had never sold my 916, but the 748 is a worthy replacement several years later and will be very much loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATTOP View Post
Very nice they are a beautiful bike what colour is it red or yellow.
Its yellow with a white front number board, paint is in incredible condition, it hasn't dulled with time and just shines!

Z.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Zak

here she is......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 748s.jpg (32.2 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 748_2.jpg (31.5 KB, 70 views)
Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Dukedesmo

Nice one, it's good to have a variety of bikes.

I've got a 916 and I would never get rid of it, riding position is a little focused but you get used to it to the point where it feels quite comfortable.

Obligatory gratuitous pic;

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Zak

Wow!! What spec is that??? Mine did not have all the sexy bits that you have on yours!!!

Z.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
Dukedesmo

It has been a 'little' modified; I bought it new 14 yrs ago and gradually have upgraded just about everything that has any performance benefit along with a bit of bling.

The best mod, bar none, was the lightweight wheels - totally transformed the bike.

Modifying can get addictive though...

Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
Zak

Ive got the Marchesini 5 spoke wheels as standard they will do me.

I can honestly say that I will not touch this bike with any add ons or upgrades, its going to be kept standard and well loved, the mods will be saved for my beautiful monster, besides I can't afford to mod two! Not with the work thats happening on the Monster right now!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
Dukedesmo

Well, I've just about finished modding the 916 as there's not much left to do (unless I find a 'cheap' 1198 engine )

So now I'm concentrating on the Monster although, unfortunately that's had to go on hold for a bit whilst I'm revamping my garage/workshop.

Hopefully 'normal' service will be resumed shortly...

Old 01-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #11
Dukedesmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
I can honestly say that I will not touch this bike with any add ons or upgrades, its going to be kept standard
That's what I said back in 1998...

Old 01-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #12
littlejimmy12

whilst we're all showing off, my 996

Old 02-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #13
Zak

Holy cr*p!!! I had no idea there were so many people on here with the best looking bike ever made *cue massive debate*.......

Z.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Have you worked out where to fit the Nitrous bottle yet?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Well seeing as you want pics heres my sadly missed bike

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote