UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Baby Monster

Old 06-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #16
He11cat

Paint ... I sort of knew exactly what I wanted .. first guy did it 5 times and then I thought ok... picked up and saw decals in wrong place and thought ..... oh no...
The guy I usually get to paint is ok and does lovely shiny work but this was a mare and in the end after a time it was still a bit soft where he had done it again and again....

I got home and noticed a mark ... and again it bugged me .
Also I noticed the paint was soft and it got a little dent in it by now I was going spare and he was going spare!

I recalled a chap in Felixstowe and rang him and he said can I come and have a look and quote so we did that and turns out he rides a Ducati and thats what he likes to spray! So he showed me the bikes he had done and they are really nice with numberboards and stuff.
He was just moving premises as well.
He did the paint and did a great job couldn't have bent over backwards for me more !!
Its a simple paint job but a pain in the arse!! ..

Oh yes I do have all my yellow body kit so don't worry!!

And then it all had to go back together again!! lol

I just have the decals to go on now so David at Tricolour will pop them on to finish the job again I am a bit unsure between two kinds.
When they are on il pop up a photo. I didn't like the one the bike came with.

I was so stressed out with this as everything as usual went wrong ... bits I brought some where not as described ( NOTHING OFF HERE!!) so had to go back and start again... I was running about for months with bits and all over Suffolk! At one point my bike was in about 4 locations!!!
It was stressy chasing people for parts I was having done.

I have got some termis on which are nice but I got hooked on a carbon pair .... this weekend I managed to get some .. so need to get them on .
Then the poor little bike will need a final set up with the exhausts on as it originally was... and get Carl to pop on a new set of tyres on as soon as I can afford.

Things to do

I need to change exhausts again and get bike reset up to suit them.
Get a custom shock made for me as my one is killing me banging my back and crippling me really badly feels like a hardtail lol!
a custom stand Mr Gremlin does awesome stuff
I want to sculpt another seat myself so I get the shape right .
upgrade to later forks and have Mr Gremlin do them a nice black he did some for Yorkie and they looked fantastic and I want some
Also get him to do my res covers.
I need to fit my bar ends.

I should be done them for a while and the little bike will be back to a much loved state again!!

Last edited by He11cat; 06-06-2012 at 12:20 AM..
Old 06-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #17
He11cat

Carl was fab at getting it MOT'd and sorted and road worthy and running well and will tell you like it is .. I totally trust and like him and he got my frame Jigged... and told me as it was.. and really helped.

Daren is the same .. no bull , no nonsense..
I have to like someone and feel ok with people and I really like Carland trust him totally and I trust Daren and liked him and his wife.
I felt bad as I was back and forth and his poor wife had to put up with me and he was out every evening he could stripping it so I could get to powder coating stuff done and sort paint and stuff.
It was hell when the powder coat did not come back on time as your stuck!!
Then a bit wrong
I am grateful for Grumpy saying talk to him as I would have never have been able to afford this without Daren.
He was really understanding and kind to me... there are very few people like that.

I enjoyed looking for stuff and getting parts and running about getting bits painted and powdercoated , looking about places at the work they did and chatting to people. It took me over a year to gather bits and think about stuff and replace stuff a little bit each month.

If I get Hector redone at some point next time I would love to really get involved... hopefully one day I will have another garage and hopefully be further along treatment to do more , maybe able to polish stuff I used to be good with spanners but lost my confidence.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #18
He11cat

To do this I had to sell some old parts , new shoes I had stockpiled and ebayed anything I could!!
I also did carboots... it really is a bit of a second hand rose of a bike !!

Thanks to everyone who helped , donated bits and kept me from going mental !!
I also learnt a great deal!!!

Last edited by He11cat; 06-06-2012 at 01:16 AM..