UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Is it real ???

Old 08-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
pete

Is it real ???

Doing the yearly shop around for insurance. Current insurer wants £171.95. Picked up this site from the DSC: http://www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk/

£114.55 _including_ breakdown insurance and legal cover.

I can't quite believe this....

Anyone used them/been there etc ????

Cheers,

Pete
Old 09-04-2006, 07:34 AM   #2
Gilps

It's real

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete
Doing the yearly shop around for insurance. Current insurer wants £171.95. Picked up this site from the DSC: http://www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk/

Cheers,

Pete
I use them as do several others on here. They are cheap and efficient. I suspect that they are relatively new to the market and are therefore trying to buy their way in. Fine by me. I expect that at some point their prices will rise.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #3
Rockhopper

Cheap but no good for me as their cover didn't include riding other bikes.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
eonan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete

Cheers,

Pete
Yep, I went with them. They were £112 cheaper than anyone else I tried...and I tried 8 other places
Old 10-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
Lowsider

I'm with them.. Very goood price but if you also try carole nash and when then give you there overpriced quote tell them eBike have a better quote and they will then probably match or beat it.

Carole Nash are in a bit of a slagging match with eBike as lots of their customers have left to eBike.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
maddness100

i love ebike, if you do the pay monthly scheme you can build up a year's no claims discount in eight months!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #7
pete

I signed up with them

Well I signed up with them yesterday. Any company that has such a good on-line quoting system, and give such a good quote without any haggling and hassle deserve my business. For people that havn't tried getting a quote from them you might like to. The online system even has basic modifications built in, so you can declare your zorsts for example.

Now having seen some of the UKMOC bikes I'm sure there are plenty of mods that the system can't handle, but there is a phone number as well
Old 10-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #8
manwithredbike
aka Phil

Bike: M900
quoted me less than £100 - first time ever!!
i suppose that means i'm old : (
manwithredbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:58 AM   #9
Will

Are these fully comp quotes?
What are the excesses?
Old 11-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #10
pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Are these fully comp quotes?
What are the excesses?
Yes, fully comp. I'm an old git at 48 with 3 years NCD and bike is a 620ie. No convictions etc. Guess there are some good things about getting old

I can't remember what the excesses were but there were cheaper options than the quote with higher excesses. I just looked on their site at my policy but the excesses are not listed.

I suggest you just plug the details in and get a quote. The excesses are very clear when you get to the last bit....

Hope this helps,

Pete