UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » nipples

Old 27-05-2004, 10:25 PM   #1
netstar

nipples

Just a thought but there must be a way of bleeding the brake/clutch without all that farting about!!! are there bleed nipples that can be attached further up? This would be a great advantage to bleeding the clutch as the air just gravitates back up the bloody pipe!!! managed to do both clutch and back brake today as had the same prob as gary with the rear sticking on....and the clutch fluid had so much water in it it looked green! Jx
Old 31-05-2004, 08:30 AM   #2
M900Dom

Yep

You can replace the Banjo bolts.
You need to by a Banjo bolt with a Bleed nipple in the end, very similar to the one on the clutch slave cylinder.
these are available from Goodrich, aeroquip, demon tweeks, m&P etc.

Either that or just leave a cable tie on the front brake overnight, it will be alright in the morning

HTH
Dom
Old 31-05-2004, 01:11 PM   #3
A Yerbury

just bought an easy bleed kit, took about 5 mins each. Essentially a simple valve you can pump merrilly away at so long as the reservoir does not get too low obviously. I too was convinced that the air kept rising but the diam of the lines is narrow, the fluid viscous and there is pressure both above and below.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:09 AM   #4
netstar

farting clutch!!!

Thanks for the info on this thread... after doing all that bleeding I took the bbk for a spin round N wales..... the clutch fluid has turned black again... this is rather strange and I hope that no damage is being done. The clutch does make a sort of farting noise when releasing slowly in first gear!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 09:12 AM   #5
netstar

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/4741..... talking about farting my son found this site!!!!! Get the celebs to pull funny faces.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #6
Nigel C

Don't worry about the clutch fluid going black it's not a problem just a bit of that Ducati "Character"