UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Archive » WDW 2018 » Date announced

Old 28-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #16
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Capo, Lars blimey what memories yes we did have some great times and were so lucky to have had our B&B but we never started out with negative thoughts just looking forward to new adventures.
It's hard to price a trip to WDW as every ones idea's are different but all I'll say is go for it as you'll have a blast.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 10:23 PM   #17
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Book accommodation with air con - it would be miserable in the heat without, and book asap as it does get booked really quickly for WDW.

At the circuit, the coolest place is in the grandstands overlooking the hairpin - shade and breeze.

I've stayed in Cattolica - the town is taken over with Ducatisti, the background music is rattling dry clutch and rumbling Termi for the weekend.

I had a less positive experience when I attempted one of the guided ride-outs in 2014 (disorganised, I got left behind so took myself of to lovely Urbino for a consolatory icecream), though I may have been unlucky. Lots of eye candy at the circuit (and some hideous bikes), the chance to ride on track (if you pre-book), various daft competitions between the various race team guys (dirt track, Diavel drag racing). Probably a preview of an unreleased new model (last time the Supersport, previously the Scrambler).

Go to Tavullia to eat at Pizzeria da Rossi - despite the celeb association (and being home to Vale's fan club) food and service were good, and it was good value. But bring mozzie repellant as they're bad in Tavullia. The Simoncelli museum in Coriano was also worth a visit.

I've ridden solo all the way to and from Misano the 3 times I've been, and that has been a key part of the trip. I've taken a fortnight each time, averaging 250 miles per day, with time to play on the mountain passes in the Alps, Route Napoleon etc.
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #18
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I can Highly recommend www.bikeshuttle.co.uk to get you to Geneva & back , to save on the miles travelling a chunk of the way by plane.

Any track riding at WDW will require a full set of leathers for your trip, terrible when it's 40 degrees.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 09:06 AM   #19
ValiantBoy

Cheers for all the advise.

One of the Ducati dealerships down my way is organising the trip; bikes go on a truck and go down a week before us, we fly in and out for the weekend Thursday - Tuesday, staying in Urbino (looks a bit special), 30 minutes from Misano.

The clear message coming through... it's gonna be hot! Well noted, will be prepared; will also take a disc lock; bike also has a tracker, so think I'll be covered.

Now.. what to do about these pasty white legs....
Old 29-11-2017, 09:09 AM   #20
slob

factor 50+
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 12:53 PM   #21
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Eleanor (MrsC) you are a star, I take my hat off to you for the way you make your way too and from WDW on your own some.

Yes a good factor 50+ or you'll end up burnt to a crisp and please give over worrying about the bike as it will be one of thousands.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 01:37 PM   #22
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Agreed.
In fact I have often thought that we should make a special club trophy to acknowledge this.

Steve G .... glad you're coming along.
Hopefully we'll meet up at some point.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #23
SteveG

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Agreed.
In fact I have often thought that we should make a special club trophy to acknowledge this.

Steve G .... glad you're coming along.
Hopefully we'll meet up at some point.
Cheers... if I make it hopefully won’t have to blag the top bunk in your room like last time out at Lands End...!
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 09:25 PM   #24
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Urbino is my favourite place in Italy (so far). I've had 5 holidays just outside Urbino as well as visiting as part of WDW. It's a proper historic Italian hill town, but also a university city. If you fancy a dose of art/culture (other than, obviously, the Ducati art/culture at Misano), the Ducal Palace Museum is worth a visit. If you just fancy gelato, Sorbetto del Duca keeps calling me back. Beautiful scenery, but potholes in some of the roads between Urbino, Tavullia and Misano make even Surrey B roads look like a racetrack in comparison!

This year I will be using Bikeshuttle to get my bike to and from Geneva, giving me time to enjoy a few days in Sicily with the bike before WDW, and saving the tedious slog back through the northern half of France at the end of the trip, which has always been the least enjoyable part, having left the mountains behind.
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 08:15 AM   #25
J.P
No more Monster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC_772 View Post

This year I will be using Bikeshuttle to get my bike to and from Geneva, giving me time to enjoy a few days in Sicily with the bike before WDW, and saving the tedious slog back through the northern half of France at the end of the trip, which has always been the least enjoyable part, having left the mountains behind.
Good on you, it makes complete sense to do it that was and save the 1,600 miles total to and from Geneva

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #26
Char
We're all mad here

everyone rides to the track in t shirts and shorts and most of the pillions only wear bikinis

enjoy

My favourite bit (other than eating out ) was the guided ride out with a bunch of mad Italians on Diavels to San Marino

Very cheap and included food and a glass of wine If you don't do the tour at least visit San Marino :O)