UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » M750 project

Old 27-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Lima071

when "they" say 2 in to 1 on parallel twins work but on V / L twins it doesn't improve power the only thing I can see that is majorly different is the length and frictional losses on the rear cylinder.
Just a thought for you;
If you look at the losses on the rear/ shorter link pipe you could add a plate valve (washer with a hole) to get the pressures/ and fluid movement of the exhaust gasses equal on both cylinders.
Or just build it and see how it works.
Old 27-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Sam69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima071 View Post
when "they" say 2 in to 1 on parallel twins work but on V / L twins it doesn't improve power the only thing I can see that is majorly different is the length and frictional losses on the rear cylinder.
Just a thought for you;
If you look at the losses on the rear/ shorter link pipe you could add a plate valve (washer with a hole) to get the pressures/ and fluid movement of the exhaust gasses equal on both cylinders.
Or just build it and see how it works.
Both headers will be 21" long or very close to, the main cone is 24" long tapering to 4" with a 1" long reverse cone down to 3" this will improve mid range it has all be calculated tried and tested but not on this particular motor.Two separate exhausts will be better for top end. Look at the grand fathers of the belt drive 2v twins TT1 750 AND TT2 600 they worked well for four world titles using a two into one system. I dont see the washer being a good idea would be too much of a restriction I would rather do the head scratching and if need be double back using bends to get the correct length.I can reduce the cone dia at the end to gain more back pressure if needed. Well that's my interpretation of it anyway.

I ran my Pantah with a works exhaust not only did it go well it sounded braw!
I would not say the std exhaust collector is the most advanced design when I first saw it I thought to myself what the feck is that supposed to be and was the first thing to be junked.

Last edited by Sam69; 28-11-2011 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 13-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
Sam69

Electrics done, brake and clutch lines also just need to chase up the painter for my tank now and set about the exhaust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1613.jpg (33.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1614.jpg (32.3 KB, 82 views)