UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Moto Rapido

Old 23-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
Bunny

Thumbs up Moto Rapido

A dealer to restore faith in after sales service.

Bought a used S4RS from them on Sat 1st . Very shiny, new tyres, just serviced.
Didn't test ride it - had ridden their demo when new, and have owned a couple of water cooled monsters
Had trouble pulling away from the shop - put it down to not enough revs on a v-twin.
Rode it home - nice and steady (new tyres), still had to slip the clutch when pulling away - perhaps just a quirk of the clutch ?
Took the bike out on Sunday 2nd to Wells for a pasty, still not happy with the bike below 3000rpm, having to slip the clutch even more now.
went from Wells to Glastonbury, pulled away from the car park, and the bike cut out at about 10mph while turning right. Luckily I'm quite a big bloke so got my right foot down and held the bike up - very embarrassed though at what appeared to be me stalling.
Got it started eventually and rode home, bike kangarooing in 2nd gear at 20mph down my road, not happy.
Phoned Andrew at Moto Rapido to say I was not happy, ready for the "well you were happy when you rode off" or "you should have test rode it", was really suprised with the "bring it back and we will sort it out" reply .
Rode it down for them to check, Phil admitted there was a considerable pulling away problem, which they would sort.
Having tried all of the sensors, all of the fuel system and several other possible causes over the last week and a half, they rang me yesterday to say the nut had come loose on the end of the crank, causing the rotor to come loose and the timing to be out. Cure : new crankshaft !!!!

Bits will be ordered Monday - all done under warranty by Moto Rapido - top blokes