UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back with a M900 series I

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #181
DrD

Just so happens I am rebuilding the front end for a number of reasons
Not as clean as yours (and its a 1993)
Rectifier position looks like this:
From the right

From the left
Old 07-10-2015, 08:36 PM   #182
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Looks like your hole centres line up though. Many thanks for pics.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:19 AM   #183
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I had a bit of a lucky find last night spotting a pair of gold chain adjuster back plates on Ebay under chain parts. And were buy now too. There is not so much wrong with mine other than the chain side one has a few scrapes on the top but these are so much better so mine will be sold on after.
Do you just have the backplates spare or do you have the internal adjusters too ?
If you have the full set available I might be interested as I need a set for when I fit my ally swinger over the winter.
A few light scratches probably wouldn't matter much as I will be polishing the swinger and could polish the backplates too.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #184
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Do you just have the backplates spare or do you have the internal adjusters too ?
If you have the full set available I might be interested as I need a set for when I fit my ally swinger over the winter.
A few light scratches probably wouldn't matter much as I will be polishing the swinger and could polish the backplates too.
The complete units Inc bolts.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #185
utopia
No turn left unstoned

That sounds ideal then, as long as they're not so badly scratched that it won't polish out.
Pics would be nice, if that's not being, er .....picky.
pm me a price, and I can add to your build fund.

Rear spindle diameters are all the same, aren't they ?
The slots in my swinger are 17mm anyway.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #186
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
That sounds ideal then, as long as they're not so badly scratched that it won't polish out.
Pics would be nice, if that's not being, er .....picky.
pm me a price, and I can add to your build fund.

Rear spindle diameters are all the same, aren't they ?
The slots in my swinger are 17mm anyway.
How about you accepting them free you sent me a hose and do stuff for me. They cost me £20 to replace and if I am honest only slightly better but the weird thing is 3 of them have machined on one edge and one had two cast ends. I kept the ones that are better but mate they are 5mm thick and tbh just need a dressing over and if I were not doing it to original they would be better polished up alloy or re anodised.
In payment can you turn me up a 12mm diameter stainless tube with a m8 through hole and 25mm long. Its for me to weld back on to the exhaust clamp and will be cut in half after welding and half with be cleared through.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #187
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Back on track now and sussed out the rectifier and it works now fine if I was to turn the steering which I cant do at the moment. I moved the extra plate bracket to the front and the angle make it ok.

New bearings in the sprocket carrier and new sprocket on.

News has arrived back about my engine. Surgery has happened and cranks back from being sorted and the bearings failure caused 6th gear damage on both so new one on order so there is £200 plus crank etc etc. Al reckons I should get engine back end of next week possibly so that will give me time to catch up on getting it painted up nice. I think a week off work in November will be on the cards.

This spare lower yoke is going on ebay and is from a 1997 bike and pretty much now as new. Vapour blasted and replated nut and cover washer.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:05 PM   #188
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
the weird thing is 3 of them have machined on one edge and one had two cast ends.
The left hand ones are machined to clear the sprocket nuts.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:24 PM   #189
DrD

Albie, when you get t it I would be most interested in how you route the throttle cables.
Lost my pics of original and I cannot find any decent ones
particylarly where they leave the frame and go around the headstock.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #190
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
The left hand ones are machined to clear the sprocket nuts.
I guess I have 2 sprocket side ones then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
Albie, when you get t it I would be most interested in how you route the throttle cables.

I will try and route soon and take some pics as I tend to be doing.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:49 PM   #191
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
Found these so far

Old 08-10-2015, 10:14 PM   #192
DrD

Thanks, the third one may be my answer
- they seem to leave the frame in the upper trinagle
The rest of the route seems tobe how I now have them but I have not tightened the front end fixings up as the trottle action is not good
Old 08-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #193
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Quote:
How about you accepting them free you sent me a hose and do stuff for me. They cost me £20 to replace and if I am honest only slightly better but the weird thing is 3 of them have machined on one edge and one had two cast ends. I kept the ones that are better but mate they are 5mm thick and tbh just need a dressing over and if I were not doing it to original they would be better polished up alloy or re anodised.
In payment can you turn me up a 12mm diameter stainless tube with a m8 through hole and 25mm long. Its for me to weld back on to the exhaust clamp and will be cut in half after welding and half with be cleared through.
Yep, I can do that, assuming that I have a bit of suitably sized stainless in the shed .. which I probably do but I'm away from home at the moment so can't check.
I need to get on the lathe anyway to make some bits for smiffy.

Am I correct to assume that, despite the one-sided machining, there's enough material left for either cap to fit on either side of the swinger without compromising anything ?
If so, then that will do very nicely.
Thanks mate.
And, as you said on another thread, "that's what we like about UKMOC".
In fact, this will add to my ongoing collection of bits on my bike that have come from other club members .... I'm well in to double figures now (including your old Corbin seat as a matter of fact). ..must start a thread about that sometime.
Old 15-10-2015, 08:44 PM   #194
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Jeff I have some stainless bar I can send. The end caps are not being ebayed.
Some more things have happened but little to the bike but maybe next week the engine will return for a full paint up. Need to start deciding paint etc and then because its autumn the painting needs to be done in a warm area.
The decals have come from Image works and like I said don't use anyone else unless you are sure and these guys are not dear either. £10 bought me a large and small ducati correct font and colour. A shell casing decal and the tank Agip inc post.

You can see the poor version.

Whilst on a random search I found the missing front brake lines complete and in fantastic condition but in USA. Bit of a bargain but post is £18 but its now coming over to me.

Tyres arrived at Shuffy's for me to collect and getting fitted tomorrow or Saturday now the angled valves have arrived and now fitted to the rims. I went for a pair of Michelin Pilots and the 170 rear and price was a reasonable £142 delivered.

Old 15-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #195
utopia
No turn left unstoned

I might have a suitable bit of stainless hanging around so hold fire with sending any for now.

And... while its in the lathe, I could easily bore out half of the hole to save you having to drill it afterwards ...if you like.

ps. those look like PR2s.
I had excellent service from my last pair of those ...7 or 8 thousand miles from the rear.

Last edited by utopia; 15-10-2015 at 09:09 PM..