UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back with a M900 series I

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #466
Doggy

Bike: M796
Exciting times ahead!. Look forward to seeing pics and hearing it in person.
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #467
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
So as it stands its all complete bar some tinkering and touch ups. It came outside to be picked up minutes later by Ducati Proteam Al who was very impressed by it and the Little Puppy Cucciolo. It was pushed into the van and within two hours Al had it running but alas a small fuel leak from carbs. It means more work for him taking them out unless its something more obvious or maybe I didn't do something right. The very fact its running is great and tbh I was looking at new carbs on ebay for months but at a last resort. I expect by tomorrow dinner time it will be known what's what.
Things I had to leave Al to do was spongy front brake, throttle grip not returning fluidly, new plugs and fill with oil.
The details I need after are repainting the brake reservoir cover again as fluid has attacked the edge once more.
A touch up model brush will sort a few cam cover chips from installing things around them.
Big Oz will once I know bikes a goodun prior to the weekender weld the Ohlins remote can neatly so I can remove the bolts holding it together. Much more neater and professional imho but I had to make it hoping it would be in the right place which it was.

Once the salt has gone it will come out to play for sure. Sure its a show bike now but its just like having a new bike to ride. I'm lucky enough to have a Scrambler to play on too but I sold my 1100s for a break but never would be without a monster.

Anymore news I will be sure to post up and hoping a video too. Sadly this is the end of this project but new ones will arrive soon.

IMG_3788 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3789 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3790 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3791 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3792 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3793 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3794 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

Last edited by Albie; 12-02-2018 at 07:08 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #468
Flip

I've said it already but it is a credit to you- absolutely beautiful!

Those photos could have been taken in 1993 (although not sure they looked that good new).
Old 13-02-2018, 06:21 AM   #469
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Fabulous - well done!
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 07:18 AM   #470
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
So as it stands its all complete bar some tinkering and touch ups. It came outside to be picked up minutes later by Ducati Proteam Al who was very impressed by it and the Little Puppy Cucciolo. It was pushed into the van and within two hours Al had it running but alas a small fuel leak from carbs. It means more work for him taking them out unless its something more obvious or maybe I didn't do something right. The very fact its running is great and tbh I was looking at new carbs on ebay for months but at a last resort. I expect by tomorrow dinner time it will be known what's what.
Things I had to leave Al to do was spongy front brake, throttle grip not returning fluidly, new plugs and fill with oil.
The details I need after are repainting the brake reservoir cover again as fluid has attacked the edge once more.
A touch up model brush will sort a few cam cover chips from installing things around them.
Big Oz will once I know bikes a goodun prior to the weekender weld the Ohlins remote can neatly so I can remove the bolts holding it together. Much more neater and professional imho but I had to make it hoping it would be in the right place which it was.

Once the salt has gone it will come out to play for sure. Sure its a show bike now but its just like having a new bike to ride. I'm lucky enough to have a Scrambler to play on too but I sold my 1100s for a break but never would be without a monster.

Anymore news I will be sure to post up and hoping a video too. Sadly this is the end of this project but new ones will arrive soon.

IMG_3788 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3789 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3790 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3791 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3792 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3793 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_3794 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr
I'm seeing this with a backing track of '(I can't help) falling in love with you' by UB40 in my head.
Old 13-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #471
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Ha ha you guys are so kind.

Latest update is that Al reckons the floats have stuck but has not got any further on as he has some booked in bike services . I am more than happy to wait my turn but he also said again it ran fine and has sorted the sticky throttle grip return and torqued some bits.
Old 13-02-2018, 05:53 PM   #472
Doggy

Thanks for the pics!
Old 17-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #473
Fazer

Hat off to you - this is truly a benchmark for anyone restoring an early Monster (me included), or any bike for that matter. Would love to see more pics!
Old 19-02-2018, 04:55 PM   #474
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Thanks guys again for all the positive comments about my stock bike . No doubt you will see more pics in a better scene soon but I had a nice call today as its been a week away but Al has billed me for the work to commission to the road and is all now running ok with carbs sorted and road safe but he only wants to take to MoT on a dry day so it doesn't get dirty by him.
Hoping by the end of month I will be riding her around at my leisure and getting some better shots and good thing is my garage is ready to have her back and Yamaha RD250D is now on the ramp getting some 2 stroke love and electronic ignition.

Only a brief video but she runs.
Just click the picture

20180219_160450 by Andy Patterson, on Flickr
Old 19-02-2018, 09:05 PM   #475
Doggy

Old 21-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #476
Fazer

Would love to know the colour code for the yellow hoop - if you have it.

Thanks!
Old 21-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #477
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazer View Post
Would love to know the colour code for the yellow hoop - if you have it.

Thanks!
It's a powder coat colour tried to get a near match to ohlins Spring which is also similar to stock

Update to bike is she is ready to come home all mot'd tomorrow afternoon.
Old 22-02-2018, 05:34 PM   #478
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike got delivered back to me this afternoon whilst I was at work. Thanks to my wife being home she got Alec to kindly put it in the garage. I had a short ride just to feel what it felt like agin as not ridden a m900 since 2005.. Clutch actually felt light and starter hardly turned before she fired up hoping due to the 16.00mm new leads.
So just some tinkering to do for me to be happy and ready to ride on the road once taxed.

Hit the pic for video

IMG_2949.MOV by Andy Patterson, on Flickr
Old 22-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #479
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Looks realy nice, but surprised you are not smiling your head off. Are you frightened of the ghost with the fiery boots behind you?
Old 22-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #480
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Looks realy nice, but surprised you are not smiling your head off. Are you frightened of the ghost with the fiery boots behind you?
Im a grumpy old man. I was some what feeling intimidated tbh.. I clean and service Photo booths everyday for 24 years and having to do that makes you lose your smile but inside I am grinning really I am.