UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Connecting heating fleece

Old 16-02-2018, 09:14 AM   #1
enzo.vari

Connecting heating fleece

Hello all.

Feel like I keep asking a load of questions rather than contributing since I joined a couple of weeks back. But hey, you've got to start somewhere.

Wondering if anyone knows if you could source any power from the sockets I've found underneath my seat. I've got an M1100evo 2011. Looking to get myself a heated fleece and wondering if there was an easy way to connect to something already available.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 16-02-2018, 09:54 AM   #2
damien666

Bike: S4Rs
Another idea would be something like a 12v milwaukee heated hoodie. You still keep warm at your desination, and aren’t tethered to the bike.
damien666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #3
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Have a look at this thread about adapters that fit the DDA plug under the seat.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=55920

An Optimate 047 adapter will give you an SAE plug socket if that's what your planned heated clothing uses.

Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 05:13 PM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Lots of heated clothes available with their own self contained power and control systems from here.. http://www.warmthru.com/
Old 17-02-2018, 05:34 AM   #5
enzo.vari

Cheers guys. Any of you used heated clothing with their own power supply? Guessing it's 7v better installed somewhere. Are they as effective?
Old 17-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I've not tried them myself, although I've very seriously considered it.
A couple of shooting pals of mine absolutely swear by the socks. They told me that they will go all day and more on one charge. The lowest setting is all they ever use apart from a short burst on medium if it gets really harsh. we're talking about standing in freezing mud for hours on end!

I was going to get some socks for work, but now manage with snow boots and double socking. The self contained aspect of the gloves looks appealing for the bike, complete with the easy adjustments.

A tip for anyone who suffers from Raynaud's syndrome.. Ask your Doctor if you can try Nifedipine. Little red pills that work miracles!!
Raynaud's causes your fingers to go white and virtually die in pain, even if it's not all that cold.