UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insurance for Firstimers

Old 02-08-2004, 11:24 AM   #16
Lady-Bob

Sammye,

No disrespect mate, but if you've got a BR5 postcode then you are gonna be LOADED on your insurance.

I had that problem with my car insurance when I was living in the Crays but it didn't matter which part I came from... if it had a BR5 post code then you I loaded... Bike theft is so popular up your neck of the woods, just go up Hearn's Rise and check the burnt out bikes in the gipsy fields up there. I had one stolen from right under my front window when I was in Doveney Close, mid morning - the b&stards.

Try Ducati Insurance, and also try Bennetts. For the most part, you will be loaded because you haven't passed your test yet and they know you're not allowed to ride it... But you need it insured anyway incase someone breaks into the garage ..... At least you'd be clocking up some no claims bonus whilst it's sitting there doing nothing!

You just make sure that it's not sitting there doing nothing for long .... Have you booked your CBT, DAS test etc yet? when will it be? and who with? I did mine last year at Sidcup with LRMT at Catford - DON'T use Southern Riders, you'll be wasting your money - believe me ... I went there to do the CBT and NEVER went bak. LRMT at Catford Greyhound Stadium are brill - great trainers and great instruction. Did the test at Sidcup .. the bloke followed me in a car, so he couldn't hear much of whether the engine revs were too high etc.., cos he kept telling me to pull over and wait for him to catch me up cos he got caught in all the traffic!
Old 03-08-2004, 04:23 PM   #17
SAMMYE

Funnily enough the gypo fields are at the top of my road Bob! and I jog around them so yes I do see the the smouldering evidence everyday!! F*cking scumbag Motor thieves!!

Unfortunately I have booked with Southern Riders in Footscray (is that the one??) Although my mate passed last Friday with them so Im feeling pretty confident!
Old 05-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #18
boris
More Tools!

Bike: Multiple Monsters
When I was a lad, in 1980 my JOTA was £105 with NU. Thats £269 at todays rate. Being in the forces, I was sent to germany and the only insurance I could get was with a local company who wanted £1435.... That's about £3600 nowadays. Sadly the Lav had to go. Whatever you get, it's a bargain!!
Old 28-09-2004, 12:48 PM   #19
Phoenix

I find clickqoute good and also rider support are now doing there own insurance too but i haven't had a quote off them yet.
I pay £160 fully comp with 2 years no claims.
The benefits of being a wrinkly i guess
Old 28-09-2004, 01:19 PM   #20
Mark Walker

Although the horse has probably bolted on this one, thought I would add my 2penneth........I found Bennetts quite ameniable......£170 TPFT for me M600.....31 years old No NCB, license for under a month, parked in a shed, no alarm/immobiliser.....couldn't quite afford the Fully Comp as that was about £450......but thought it was pretty good value....and only 16quid a month in installents.......
Old 07-10-2004, 09:55 AM   #21
SAMMYE

cheers mark rub it in why dont you!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 10:13 AM   #22
Mark Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMMYE
cheers mark rub it in why dont you!!!
But it didn't do me much good after dumping the bike on Sunday!
Old 07-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #23
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
I find clickqoute good and also rider support are now doing there own insurance too but i haven't had a quote off them yet.
I pay £160 fully comp with 2 years no claims.
The benefits of being a wrinkly i guess

Me too chuck! Perhaps we are less of a liability - I think the MMM would disagree :lol:
Old 20-10-2004, 09:48 AM   #24
SAMMYE

GOT A GOOD DEAL FROM H&R £470 26 years old insured me even though I hadnt passed my test and gave me 30 days to do pass and even took the test on my bike.
Old 20-10-2004, 10:58 AM   #25
DesmoDog

Try Laxtons, 0870 444 6365/4 they gave me the best deal this year, and they threw in limited recovery. I've opted for TPFT because I was sick of being ripped on fully comp.
Old 20-10-2004, 01:09 PM   #26
james007

F*&% me, I'm gonna move out of London!
Old 20-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #27
A Yerbury

I used an address outside of London. just try not to crash or get robbed.
Old 20-10-2004, 01:45 PM   #28
james007

in that case just get 3rd party.....

Unfortunately my Aunt is an upstanding citizen and wouldn't stand for that kind of behaviour!
Old 20-10-2004, 02:38 PM   #29
SAMMYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Yerbury
I used an address outside of London. just try not to crash or get robbed.
Ahh the reason for the nightmares Yerbury 'guilt'
Old 20-10-2004, 04:49 PM   #30
celt

got my first year fully comp for 750 from choice quote.
second year adrian flux were brill 350 fully comp so i called choice and they matched it will breakdown thrown in.