UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Very poor show from Ducati

Old 17-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
d8mok

Bike: M1100s
Very poor show from Ducati

Ive lived and breathed the italian brand for a while now. Ive currently got a M1100S and a 848 and was looking to add a 899 or panigale in the new year, but ducati have lost my loyalty completely.

Id booked to visit the factory in october, which has included paying for hotels, flights and parking. All this has cost over £500 and today ive had a badly worded email to say that theyve cancelled our tour. No refunds or help.

I hope the double sided swing arm bankrupts them
d8mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
pompone
MaleDucati

Bike: M900
Did they say why? I know they're busy around the show, the museum will still be open thought. If you want I can see if I can pull a couple of strings and organise a visit to Bimota instead like we did at WDW
Old 17-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
d8mok

It just says there's a company event on those days. I'm gutted and angry.
Old 17-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
wezrvf

crappy effort Ducati !!

Sorry to hear this, i can imagine it has p*ssed you off just a touch !!

Maybe go for the new fireblade instead
Old 17-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Fire a stiff Email to Ducati UK
Old 17-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
pte1643

That can't be the end of it surely?

A proper explanation and reschedule/refund will most likely follow.

I can't see a major manufacturer just dissing their customers like that without any recompense, they couldn't afford to...

Maybe something was lost in translation?

Like Rollo says, ask the UK office what's going on.
Old 17-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
How long were you going for? They do the tours twice a day every week day so maybe you could reschedule for the day after?
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
d8mok

Hi, thanks for the support. I was going to bologna from Monday til Thursday. But since ill be travelling on both Monday and Thursday I can only go either tues or wed to Ducati. Apparently it's not available any of these days now even though I booked it 6 months ago. I've had contact with Ducati uk so lets see if they help at all. They can legally change it as it says in their terms and conditions but its poor of them to do it 1 month before when its obvious ill of paid flights, hotel, and car park etc.
Old 17-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Yes, I agree it is. But when I went earlier in the year it was ok, but I got the impression that it wasn't a top priority for them, and some comments from people who had been before led me to think they were putting less effort into it. Maybe its something to do with the Audi take over?
Old 17-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Snotty mail to Ducati UK, Italy and Audi AND it's been noted to a potential 7,446 UKMOC members (so says the banner).
Looks bad to their loyal or potential customer base so you being able to post a satisfactory outcome might make this look a little better.
Old 17-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
d8mok

Yeh I hope they come good as I feel quite bitter about the whole thing now. I'd planned on another purchase next year but it might end up not being a red Italian now.
Old 17-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #12
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

The tour guide spent as much time beforehand ensuring everybodies phones could not take any pictures for the factory tour as she did with introductions. And so it was no surprise to see a among a batch of completed bikes awaiting dispatch was a slightly less than A1 looking 1198 with newspaper and masking tape, sporting a rattle can touch up job to it's frame. Glad I didn't buy that one! So I guess its things like that they wanna keep secret.
I mean for a company that size I think the bike should have been rejected and reworked with a new frame surely I'm not expecting too much am I having spent so much on a new bike?
Old 17-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #13
mazydog

**** poor show
Old 17-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
Mohawk

I love my monsters but personally I can't stand the brand either. OH and I rode all the way over for WDW in 2012 and despite us owning 4 Ducati's between us, cause the OH was on his Speed Triple they wouldn't let him into the car park. And it made no difference making a complaint either, they don't appear to care! :-(
Old 17-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #15
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Oh yeah, that's right they won't let you park there unless you turn up on a Ducati! (Car park was full of Audi's too) I had to smile at the guy in the house opposite the factory who had a large 46 blue and yellow Yamaha flag draped out of the top floor window