UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » I'm impressed

Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #31
bex

Neil.... mine arrived by post, they were wrapped up in several layers of bubble wrap etc, but there was still a small stain even on the outer cardboard box and when I unravelled it all the tub was pretty greasy.

I've just lifted them all out to check for you and mines got less than an inch in the bottom, probably not even half an inch, the wipes themselves are pretty drenched though.

I've used them a couple of times and it took the advised amount of wipes to clean the back that they suggest, so presumably they're saturated enough.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #32
neilo

Thanks Bex - I appreciate the response. That's really helpful. :-)
Old 13-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #33
Mohawk

mine arrived today, still all nicely sealed up. Will let you know how I get on when I clean the bike next.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #34
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Just tried the Vulcanet wipes for the first time, to try to render the Monster presentable for the Horsham Piazza Italia after a week's commuting including rain.

I dread to think what unholy mixture of solvents they're soaked in (strong smell of nail varnish remover, and my hands now feel very dry) but they seem to do the trick. Very glad I left the bike to cool down after riding home, as I suspect they're hideously flammable!

I probably ended up using about 5 instead of the suggested 2-3, mainly because of the amount of grit I could feel, which I didn't want to wipe across other bits of the bike. They even made a reasonable job of the backs of my exhaust pipes (a magnet for baked on chain fling and road crud).

I dare say a thorough SDoc & water cleaning session (requiring the baking of large quantities of cookies) would have been just as effective or more so, but for a fairly quick fix for the terminally lazy bike cleaner like me, well worthwhile.
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #35
Mohawk

Yes MrsC I thought the same, very strong smell just like nail varnish remover. I decided not to use it on any of the plastics but great for the wheels and engine