UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati in Norwich

Old 27-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
Rob S4

Ducati in Norwich

Hello,

I need some advise about Ducati servicing in the Norwich area. I've had my S4 for a couple of months now, but still not taken the time to check her over properly.

Who would you suggest in Norwich to carry out work on my baby?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 27-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
Pixx

Seastar at Newton Flotman, just south of Norwich, is a listed Ducati service centre: They're doing my first service tomorrow, and installing a centre stand. I'll let you know...
Old 27-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #3
Rob S4

I thought seastar were Kawasaki???

How long have they been Ducati?

I look forward to hearing how it all goes.
Old 28-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
neilp

Its a little way outside of Norwich but Carl Harrison in Harleston is excellent.

I wont go anywhere else now.
Old 28-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #5
Pixx

Yes, Rob S4, Seastar are still a big Kwaka dealer but they also have a Duc franchise, and are listed by Ducati as being able to offer warranted servicing. I was quite impressed with the friendliness and integrity. I had ordered a centre stand to be put on at the first service. They could have just put it on, but instead came to tell me that it hadn't been properly packaged and that the chips in both parts of the assembly were sufficiently deep to become corroded. They have made a complaint on my behalf and arer offering a discount because I'll have to make a second trip.
There wasn't anything to drink or anywhere much to sit and the vending machine lacked much of any interest, but on a fine (ha!) day, there are benches outside.
A chap came and tried a Hypermotard and came back grinning: much too tall for me! (the bike, not the prospective buyer)
Good service. Bike sounds great and now I can go up to 7000revs!!!
Old 29-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #6
Rob S4

Thanks for getting back to me, the service at seastar sounds good. A honest dealer is hard to find. I'll give them and Carl Harrison a call to see what they think i should do.

Pixx - glad to hear that you've not been swept away by the motard rider!! I really fancy having a ride on one of them. (the bike not the rider!)

See you out on the road soon.
Old 29-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #7
Pixx

Undoubtedly!
Old 01-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #8
gremlin

read through earlier postings on seastar. i would personally never go there again coz they f**ked up my bike.
nealy all the bikers i have spoken to around the norwich area have had similar bad experiences and avoid like the plague. they are cowboys..
Bob clarke in wymondham is a far better bet. fully experienced in ducati's and very helpful.
my suggestion : buy bits from seastar , but get someone else to fit them.
for dyno work and engine work, BDK race engineering in Wrenningham, james is the dogs when it comes to fuelling and re-building ducats
Old 01-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #9
Pixx

Unhappy

what did they do to your bike?
Old 01-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #10
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
DO NOT USE SEASTAR

I wouldn't go there with someone elses bike, let alone my own. Use Carl Harrison, Tell him paranoid Dave sent you, you'll not regret it.

01379 852020
Old 01-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #11
Pixx

But why? Are you all just following each other's lead, or is there actually a reason for your warnings about Seastar? It would be nice to know...
Old 01-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #12
benson

Actually.....No one seems to have a good word to say about them, anecdotes a plenty and quite a few first hand conversations that would indicate that what they know about Ducs could be written on the back of a pstage stamp - however - if your experience was good then maybe things have improved. I'd go to the guy recommended by PD if I lived in your neck of the woods, as it is I am very close to the wonderful guys at Rosso Corse so they would get my vote whatever wherever!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #13
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixx View Post
what did they do to your bike?
went in for a simple tyre change, they bent the wheel , cost £500 for a new one.
sold mrs gremlin a "none approved helmet" (my xmas pressie). when i took it back to complain, was told a load of b****ks, in the end got trading standards involved, they had to back down and give a refund .
took my bike (jap 1000) for a main dealer service, (not seastar) but wasnt convinced it was running right. took it up to seastar for a dyno run, just to see if all was ok...they wouldnt put it on the dyno coz it wouldnt work unless i paid to have it dyno jetted , and coz the standard exhaust is craap, i would have to have a new end can..????quoted £750.00 ??? what just to see if it is running right ??? yes they said.
well you can guess what i said .....!!!!!!
any way, i am always prepared to give people a second chance, first the dyno thing, then the brain bucket. on the third go, i took my wheel off so they could fit a tyre (surely the cant do that wrong ).. bad mistake...
the wheel came back bent over an inch out from front to back, and flattened on one edge by 3/4 inch. infact it was so bad, that when it was rolled over a smooth wooden floor, it fell over. a 6 1/2" rim ffs!!!! prior to removing wheel i had just been for a blat at well over the instant ban limit with no sign of a wobble, got home, washed bike, removed wheel and gave it a proper clean, not a scratch to be seen, but when i went to pick wheel up, the rim was really badly skuffed and large flake of powdercoat hanging off , as well as being bent !!!!! so they eithr f**ked it up on their bead breaker, or i got someone elses wheel back.. anyway they wouldnt do anything about it, tossas. i can give various stories from others about them from other bike owners, including burned valves from inccorect dynoing, rear wheel spacers not put back on , so that wheels flop around..the list goes on ...

spleen vented...........that felt good
Old 01-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #14
neilp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Dave View Post
DO NOT USE SEASTAR

I wouldn't go there with someone elses bike, let alone my own. Use Carl Harrison, Tell him paranoid Dave sent you, you'll not regret it.

01379 852020
After two failed visits to Parkinsons at Colchester, i followed PD's advice and went to Carl Harrison. He is very experienced on Ducati's and sorted my bike out first time.

Well worth the trip.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:54 AM   #15
Pixx

That's better - some evidence! Thank you. Is Carl Harrison recognized by Ducati's warranty system?