UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » oooooooo I’m angry as ****...................

Old 12-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #16
Shandy

I've just spoken to the insurers again who have been chasing this round all day.

It looks like my hunch was wrong it may have been the repair man in the middle. The people at the end have lots of photo's of it being collected, delivered, stored etc and they are a Nationwide storage/recovery firm who don't take things apart, the only tools they have are to disconnect batteries of cars and bikes + they are taking the complaint very seriously.

At least it's progress, i'm not involving the police at this stage that's for the insurers to take up as there the ones that have been taken for a ride by one of their sub contractors. If it doesn't get resolved this week then i'll ring the the law myself.

And Dave i'm keeping them lotto number to myself
Old 12-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #17
Shandy

A bit happier tonight in my world, had a couple of beers and found nothing else missing from the bike.

The old nail fired up and ran after a bit of persuasion tonight, not bad seen as it’s been outside for a month. Everything looks straight, both wheels are ok, tank and tail unmarked apart from the odd little scratch, radiators knackered but the rest is just cosmetic mainly just need to get my nicked/wrong stuff sorted out.

A few pics below of the mess!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #18
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Nice cans & Discs!!

On a more helpful note, I've got an intact front mudguard here if you want it

Ped
Old 12-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #19
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Angry

Im sorry to hear that fella. Make sure you get something done even if involves the police. This shouldnt go on. Just because a vehicle is taken away doesnt mean to say it shouldnt be safe. Thats the whole point of it.

Never mind you can enjoy this sunday. Got my tickets today.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #20
Shandy

Cheers Ped that'll help, is this the purple one that's been kicking round your garage for years???

Hey Albie our tickets turned up yesterday, looking forward to it should be a good un
Old 12-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #21
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
The mudguard looks like it survived pretty well. Hows the custard bike coming on btw.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #22
Shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
The mudguard looks like it survived pretty well. Hows the custard bike coming on btw.
Nearly there with yellow, hopefully by the end of the week it'll all be done
Old 13-06-2007, 10:50 PM   #23
yusaf1

Bike: M800ie
I'd be more than happy to join you in your visit to express your dissapointment, people like that need a "proper" explanation...
yusaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 02:40 PM   #24
Shandy

Well my luck might be changing (fingers crossed), just heard from the insurers and the garage in the middle is offering to pay the £1200 i bought the bike back for with me retaining ownership of the wreck. So in effect, taking into account the missing parts i'll have bought the bike back for £550 and will be £650 better off.

I'm quite happy with that, but call me synical until the cheque arrives and clears properly i won't be entirly convinced!!!
Old 18-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #25
squiffything

Andy the guilt of theft is clearly weighing on their minds. Accepting their offer is for them a very cheap get out. No bad publicity the parts kept by them and sold on and most importantly no criminal record. For any business in the position they are in they should pay through the nose for what has been done to you. I would expect them to replace the missing parts fix the bike up for you (it is mainly cosmetic after all) and pay you the £1,200 as an apology.

Otherwise it's down the station of plod for you to do your civil duty and protect other innocent Law abiding citizens.

Last edited by squiffything; 18-06-2007 at 03:20 PM..
Old 18-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #26
giler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandy View Post
Well my luck might be changing (fingers crossed), just heard from the insurers and the garage in the middle is offering to pay the £1200 i bought the bike back for with me retaining ownership of the wreck. So in effect, taking into account the missing parts i'll have bought the bike back for £550 and will be £650 better off.

I'm quite happy with that, but call me synical until the cheque arrives and clears properly i won't be entirly convinced!!!
Everything is crossed for you mate!
Old 19-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #27
katana

So £1200 and they don't get prosecuted for theft? They would lose clients if it were known that they were thievies?

I'd explain that it is not sufficient, return of your goods that were removed. Oh name and shame. Insurance company as well as thief.
Old 19-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #28
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Happy ending but really the thief needs castrating with a blunt hammer! and to repair the bike will cost more than £650 so hustle for more money.
Old 19-06-2007, 09:19 PM   #29
GULLY

Hi Matey
Sorry to hear about you'r parts.
but i would push for more,what do you have to loss
the gits have you parts so make them pay big time!!!

gully

p.s
how is the hand now.
Old 19-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #30
Shandy

The hands good thanks mate, the casts been off a couple of weeks now and it's almost working properly although i have a souvenir lump of bone on my wrist and a bit of pain for the next few months.

Yeah more money would be good but the extra £650 i'm getting is on top of the settlement value from the insurers so i think i'm doing ok. Instead of buying the bike back for £1200 i will end up buying it back for £550 (the costs of the missing parts). They could have just said we'll cover the costs of the parts so i would have been no better off. I hope that makes sense i've had a lot of beer

I don't want to name and shame yet katana until everythings sorted and the money is where it should be in my bank account!!! If i do after i won't be naming the insurance company as there just as much a victim of this as me as they were shafted by a sub contractor who has badly let them down.Their service/support on the phone and e-mails has been superb throughout the accident and then following that to resolve the problems.

But no cheque as yet so the jury's still out for the moment.