UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insuring My S4R

Old 25-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #31
A Yerbury

are these claims on your records somewhere? if not I would just go somewhere else fresh, although I suspect fully comp in london on brand new 620 no claims would be about 5-600?
Old 27-01-2006, 09:03 PM   #32
Shauns4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee
Ducati have quoted £196 (and i'm not that old!) Fully comp with a £250 excess. Sounds good to me?
I
sounds good to me also, I knocked 10 yrs off my elderly status (42-32) on one of the on-line companies and basically the premium went up £10/yr, so not a huge difference due to age! Then again someone is bound to say 32 is old!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #33
Darry

ebike insurance

Just got a quote from ebike insurance, fully comp european cover (also fully comp) and recovery £649 Happy Happy Happy!!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:13 PM   #34
Bodybag

Ncb?!

You managed to make it to March without any claims then?
Old 02-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #35
sadbiker

Smile £220

£220 for new S2R1000 (same group as S4R), and a CB900 Hornet on the same policy, Fully comp.

Ducati Insurance.

I aint complaining, this is cheaper than I can get quoted for just the hornet on its own.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #36
Monkey Boy

Bennetts gave me the best quote - I used to have three years NCB but lost it as haven't been riding for two years (and car NCB not transferable )

Norwich Union and Eagle Star can be good - but it depends on what bike you are insuring and whether you have good security.

Mine is £72 TPFT for a 97 M600 with aftermarket cans. £200 excess. Parked on driveway. Datatagged.

Cheers
Old 02-03-2006, 05:57 PM   #37
Gilps

Mine is with ebikeinsurance, paid £238 fully comp on the S2r, 2 years ncb. Went online today to add my latest toy, GS650, only another £38 for the remaining 7 months. You can have up to 4 bikes on the 1 policy, so I've got 2 spare slots. Any suggestions?
Old 02-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #38
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
I paid a little bit more!!!

Ive quote for my insurance that'll make your hair stand on end!!
Hows £1100 for a m620!!! Mind you ive just passed my test, have an old previous conviction in car and am 25 but its still steep!!

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #39
Lost Again

Hmm, all this isn't making me feel too bad really.

21 year old student on a 94 M600, 4 years NCB. Was only 20 when I took out the policy thouh.

Comes out at £240 TPFT with Carole Nash, could be worse....
Old 03-03-2006, 12:16 PM   #40
Gilps

Just a thought...

It seems that there are 4 main players here - Ducati insurance, Bennets, Carole Nash, and Ebikeinsurance. With there being so many monster owners on here, how about we do a straw poll of which is the most used/best price/best service etc. and someone from the club approach that company with a view to recommending them, and members getting a discount.
I guess this is something for Terry.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #41
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky
Ive quote for my insurance that'll make your hair stand on end!!
Hows £1100 for a m620!!! Mind you ive just passed my test, have an old previous conviction in car and am 25 but its still steep!!

Ricky, see my previous post, I paid £1700 last year.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:25 PM   #42
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbodycote
You managed to make it to March without any claims then?
Yes, my first NCB after 3 yrs of riding!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #43
Bodybag

Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darry
Yes, my first NCB after 3 yrs of riding!
Gonna try for two?
Old 03-03-2006, 01:20 PM   #44
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
I'm currently with Ducati insurance, but I have modified the bike since I took out the policy and will have to declare them at renewal. Will ducati still insure it or do they only insure standard bikes?
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #45
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
That's the question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredduke
I'm currently with Ducati insurance, but I have modified the bike since I took out the policy and will have to declare them at renewal. Will ducati still insure it or do they only insure standard bikes?
I went with Ducati BECAUSE they would insure my 620 with termis and a couple of other modifications, and the previous company I was with would not.

I got in touch with them this week because I am changing my bike, and they said they are not sure if they can insure it with aftermarket exhausts - it depends on how much the performance is enhanced.

How come they never asked me that with my 620? Am I being cynical thinking they just wanted to get my money?

I haven't got the exhausts yet, but will be very unhappy if they won't insure it with them.

My insurance is due for renewal in June.
Who insures their bike with after market exhausts, and with which company?