UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Another newbie

Old 03-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Welcome to the club Paivi & congrats on blagging the new 695.

Unusual name too
Old 04-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
marchesini
Um, thinking of something

Bike: S4r
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins
Welcome to the club Paivi & congrats on blagging the new 695.

Unusual name too
Welcome Paivi and taking a wild stab in the dark, I would guess you are Finnish - the country where everything sounds unnusual. I know a lot of Paivi's along with kiti, anu, marja, birit, ritva and lots of minna's. Lots of unusual names but they don't half know how to drink .... especially on Mayday!!

Laters

simon
marchesini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
Paivi

Well done, Simon! Here, have a cookie! I am, indeed, Finnish and have been in the UK way too long: I now consider anything above 15C warm and if it's not raining, it's positively a nice day! And, sadly, I can't drink, as I ride every day.

I'll be at the Ace with my 695 and a friend of mine on his 620, both red (I hear it's the fastest colour... ) He's shy and retiring, so will be looking for a parking place somewhere near the tube station, but if I get there first, I'll try to lead him into the normal park.

I'm visiting Dave Robinson (?) in Wandsworth on Saturday, who can hopefully fit some R&G bar ends, as well as a new brake lever. Will also want side impact bars, and a roof in case it rains, and another two wheels for balance. Basically, I'm a Volvo driver in a Ducati rider disguise...
Old 05-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #4
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paivi
I am, indeed, Finnish and have been in the UK way too long: I now consider anything above 15C warm and if it's not raining, it's positively a nice day! And, sadly, I can't drink, as I ride every day.
Pugi will be your neighbour then... he's from Sweden