UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » 1994 M600 owner coming to say hello!

Old 23-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #31
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Its hard to tell from the picture but would I be correct in assuming that the puller grips on the bore of the inner steel sleeve ?
.....in which case, the rubber is still effectively absorbing some of the shock load as you apply the slide hammer ...?
.....in which case I'm slightly but pleasantly surprised that it worked.
I've not had to remove mine yet but I daresay there will come a day when I do, so its all good info to file for future ref.
Ta.
No I think he removed all the rubber 1st so Stevie Wonder gripped on the outer sleeve only

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #32
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrobot View Post

Anyway I should start an M600 build thread this week once I have resized all the images so far.

Kev
I didn't see the bruises, I was distracted by the elefant on the wheel spoke....there should be quite a few more dotted around the bike.
Old 23-11-2015, 07:16 PM   #33
kevrobot

Utopia, that's it. The puller has a lip at the bottom which is wider than the bore of the sleeve once expanded. I had removed the rubber before doing this, so that only the outer sleeve remained.
I've seen people pull these bushes complete but I had already worked away the rubber when I made my redneck puller.
Apparently if you heat the ally up enough you can pull them in one piece.
Kev
Old 23-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #34
kevrobot

Darkness, they're on my palm and one on my other thumb. Ha ha. Yeah there are a few elephants kicking about, but couldn't tell you where off the top of my head. All the Ducati logos and fonts will be highlighted on the bike so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for em.

Kev