UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati UK Customer service.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Bigxr

Thumbs up Ducati UK Customer service.

Hi, I'd like to share with you a recent experience I had with Ducati UK customer service.
I have a 2006 S2R800. I had a slight problem, the rev counter developed a crack in the lens.

The bike is well out of warranty, and as I'm the third owner I didn't expect too much from Ducati UK. Nevertheless I emailed DUK Customer service explaining the problem and asking for help.
I was contacted by Mike Whiles, who treated me in a very professional and courteous manner.
Despite being involved with BSB, new product launches and whatever else he has with dealers, owners within warranty etc. Mike took the time to locate a set of clocks with faulty internals, remove the internals and shipped me the casings complete with intact lens's.

I am so chuffed that the main DUK CS team could show such interest in the owner of a bike well out of production, out of warranty and bought second hand in the first place.

Hows that for customer service
Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Nice to hear that. Its also nice to see good news publicised too.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
They have been good to me, three major cost items FOC out of warrenty for years.

Mike Whyles is ex JHP, a degreed professional (engineering) top man.
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
scrapps

I bought a 03 Multistrada in 2010 and it started leaking from a oil hose, Ducati did a recall in 04 for this problem so I asked my local dealer if my bike had been done.
They contacted Ducati who said no and supplied the hoses to the dealer and paid to have them fitted.

Great customer service
Old 04-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
JerryT

That really does make a pleasant change from the unhelpful customer 'service' one can often get. It just shows that companies are only as good as the people and cultures that flourish within them.

Well done Ducati UK!

Old 04-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Good to hear a happy story, unfortunately my only contact with Ducati UK regarding flaking rockers on my 916 was not so happy.

The bike was out of warranty so didn't expect much but I heard that Ducati USA were replacing them FOC (provided correct servicing etc) so I contacted Ducati Uk who wouldn't even acknowledge that it was a known problem (despite there being hundreds, if not thousands of cases worldwide) and they certainly weren't prepared to do anything about it.

This was some years ago so maybe things have improved but you would think that there would be some goodwill of a known manufacturing defect.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
While your experience is good to know, I'll await Ducati UK's reaction to the impending problems with all plastic tanked models when E10 petrol is introduced here and see if they're as helpful with a much wider potential problem.

Tags
customer service