UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Early M900 Engine Agip Sticker Placement

Old 17-06-2020, 05:45 PM   #46
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross090 View Post
.....I think I have some early smaller coffin master cylinders if anyone is interested, I replaced them with new ones as the rubber boots aren't in great nick and I didn't have the time or patience to strip them down. I think I also have a rear master cylinder with a 93 date stamp on it.
Are the m/cs definitely M900 fitment for double disks? A lot of the smaller reservoir ones were for M600 and M750 with single disks? The piston diameter differs for those, but I think the M/C body is marked with the size.

As you mention the rear brake M/C year stamp, I took a look at both of mine. Not the easiest of checks as it’s on the rear face. The underslung callipers are even worse though as you have to look up into the calliper from beneath to see the marking behind the brake pad!

Last edited by Darkness; 17-06-2020 at 05:57 PM..
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 05:55 PM   #47
Darkness

DP Tacho

Quote:
On a separate note, would anyone know how much the DP carbon dashes are worth with the digital tacho and a speedometer? I have a couple of these that I might look to part with.
These come up for sale periodically, but there are a few different types.

The DP ones with a sweep of LEDs above the warning lights are a bit marmite. Some like them, but some have found them temperamental, and the tacho is a bit heavy so tends to shake around unless you’ve got a nose fairing holding it all in place.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ht=Rev+counter

The RoadRacing (White dials) and DP twin clocks with 900SS type mechanical tacho are popular, but you have to pull a cam out to fit a Worm drive gear Instead of a spacer for that to work.

Personally I’ve never felt the need for a rev counter on mine, but if working properly they seem to sell for upwards of £100.

Last edited by Darkness; 17-06-2020 at 05:58 PM..
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 08:16 PM   #48
Ross090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Are the m/cs definitely M900 fitment for double disks? A lot of the smaller reservoir ones were for M600 and M750 with single disks? The piston diameter differs for those, but I think the M/C body is marked with the size.

As you mention the rear brake M/C year stamp, I took a look at both of mine. Not the easiest of checks as it’s on the rear face. The underslung callipers are even worse though as you have to look up into the calliper from beneath to see the marking behind the brake pad!
Good question Darkness...I'm not too sure what originally left the factory, but the ones I took off my M900 are both date stamped 93 and the reservoirs are the same size. I've since replaced them with a PS13 for the clutch and a PS16 for the front brakes, but the PS16 does have a larger reservoir.

I didn't mean to make you get on your back to have a look , but I was referring to the rear brake master cylinder that looks a bit like a bullet!

Old 17-06-2020, 08:22 PM   #49
Ross090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
These come up for sale periodically, but there are a few different types.

The DP ones with a sweep of LEDs above the warning lights are a bit marmite. Some like them, but some have found them temperamental, and the tacho is a bit heavy so tends to shake around unless you’ve got a nose fairing holding it all in place.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ht=Rev+counter

The RoadRacing (White dials) and DP twin clocks with 900SS type mechanical tacho are popular, but you have to pull a cam out to fit a Worm drive gear Instead of a spacer for that to work.

Personally I’ve never felt the need for a rev counter on mine, but if working properly they seem to sell for upwards of £100.
Thank you...I have a couple of them with the LEDs, never run them on the bike though! I will consider selling them but they might be worth holding on to.

I had a RoadRacing one on my 1997 M900 and do like the twin clock look. I have a spare stored away which I might install one day, I also have a twin dialled DP stored away somewhere! You actually don't have to put in a worm gear for them, they run off the CDI's electronically...you just unplug a couple of the plugs, plug them into the tacho harness and plug the harness into the CDI's.
Old 17-06-2020, 08:25 PM   #50
Ross090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
What year is yours?

If it's an early one and you fit the later sticker with the higher lines, then just treat the bottom edge of the decal as the minimum and the maximum mark will be about in line with the bottom of the word Max.

What you wouldn't want to do is to top up an early bike to the later Max line as that would be over-filled.

I must have got lucky then! Mine will be going on a 1993 M900. The sticky bit on the back is rubbish though, it doesn't stick at all to my engine as there's a slight curve to the panel. I will have to investigate some stronger adhesives!

I can take a scan if anyone needs a good reference image.

Old 17-06-2020, 09:42 PM   #51
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
I must have got lucky then! Mine will be going on a 1993 M900. The sticky bit on the back is rubbish though, it doesn't stick at all to my engine as there's a slight curve to the panel. I will have to investigate some stronger adhesives!

Mines stuck on with sticks like ****e. Yes scan it with measurements with a rule scale. I can send to I say ding dong and make some money unless you want to. A perfect new one is better than anything. If you want to send me the image please do
andypatterson759@btinternet.com

Last edited by Albie; 18-06-2020 at 11:14 AM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 10:38 PM   #52
Nasher

Quote:

I think I have some early smaller coffin master cylinders if anyone is interested,.
I am interested, but only if Darkness doesn't want them.

I only really need the Front brake M/C, but would take both off you if you only want to sell as a pair.

Nasher.
Old 17-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #53
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:

Ooh! What a rarity! And in original packaging too. That's like having a 1977 Luke Skywalker mint and boxed.

You could put it on eBay with a starting bid of £50 and see how high it goes! (Only partially joking!)
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 09:04 AM   #54
Ross090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Mines stuck on with sticks like white. Yes scan it with measurements with a rule scale. I can send to I say ding dong and make some money unless you want to. A perfect new one is better than anything. If you want to send me the image please do
andypatterson759@btinternet.com
Cheers Albie, I'll give that glue a go.
I'd happily make some money if I could, given the current state of things...that way I might not have to sell off my old stash of Ducati parts!
Old 18-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #55
Ross090

Quote:
Ooh! What a rarity! And in original packaging too. That's like having a 1977 Luke Skywalker mint and boxed.

You could put it on eBay with a starting bid of £50 and see how high it goes! (Only partially joking!)
Don't tempt me.

You guys are making me think I should hold on to these parts, I wonder if the internals of the M/C's are the same as the modern equivalents??
Old 18-06-2020, 09:16 AM   #56
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
I am interested, but only if Darkness doesn't want them.

I only really need the Front brake M/C, but would take both off you if you only want to sell as a pair.

Nasher.
I’ve got spares already Nasher, so bid away!
Old 29-06-2020, 10:06 PM   #57
cipollotto01

Quote:
The correct early decal (whether original [43310281A] or repro) doesn't seem to be around anymore.

But the later (1998 on? [43310281C]) is still available.

I think the higher lines represent about 250ml over the earlier sticker.

Found on ebay store, Italy store with a lot of good parts for restoration !
https://www.ebay.it/itm/402308958735
Old 29-06-2020, 10:32 PM   #58
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Molte grazie, Riccardo. Well spotted! They even have a set of my Ducati Performance mirrors that I haven't seen since about 2007!

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Specchietti-...i/402268790791
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote