UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » Workshop Platform Lift

Old 16-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #16
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
You'll probably break you back getting it unloaded then but after that, all good? I wish I had the space for something like that, would be a godsend for my back too!
Almost - it wasn't too much of a hassle to muscle out of the wooden box and into place, but I was glad when it was done.

I can _just_ get my back wheel into the stock wheel clamp with the rubber bits removed from the L-brackets - given that I plan to drop down to a 170 (from 180) next time I get tyres, this should work perfectly. The L-brackets grab the edges of the tyre anyway, so don't really need to the extra protection of the rubber pads. It does require support at the front though, as the bike does sit a bit wobbly in it (might be better with the smaller tyre).

Purchased a compressor from SGS at the same time, and of course the stand has a slightly smaller connection than the hoses/tools that came with the compressor - but it's not exactly hard work using the foot pump so I'm not too bothered, and a compressor is going to be bloody handy anyway.

Some before/after photos:

Last edited by FrankenDesmo; 16-08-2020 at 02:44 PM..
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote