UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » M620 Tail Tidy

Old 22-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
Mickster

Smile M620 Tail Tidy

Hi Guys,

I've got a M620 last year having swapped an old GSX600. Loving the Monster, but would like to change the look a little. I am trying to source a tail tiday, but can't find one anywhere other than US. Also the prices look rather high for what I am assessing as fairly simple metal work. Any ideas out there of where I could get one at a more reasonable price?

TIA,
Mickster
Old 22-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #2
fim

Hello and welcome to the site!

I think I've got one of these that will supposedly fit an M620 according to the site. It's basically unused since I picked it up for my S2r only to realise it won't fit a bike with a chopped tail so I put it in storage.

PM me if you're interested.
Old 22-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
Flip

Bike: M900
There are a few options available depending upon if anything has been done to it already from simply loosing the original number plate holder to giving the bike a full tail chop if that takes your fancy.

My 900 is of the earlier type compared to yours and I didn't want to chop the frame (but I'm sure Dirty will be along soon to tell you to get the Hacksaw out ) so I simply removed the extended number plate holder etc. and made some new brackets for the indicators and a new plate holder tucking everything back and cleaning it all up.

Old 22-03-2017, 04:42 PM   #4
Mickster

Nothing done to date. totally original. It's the "beer tray" i want to get rid of to give that shorter, stocky appearance.
Old 22-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #5
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickster View Post
Nothing done to date. totally original. It's the "beer tray" i want to get rid of to give that shorter, stocky appearance.
Then you'll be getting the Hacksaw out and chopping the frame rails back- all pretty straight forward but you will need to re-route the seat release cable.

I know several years ago JMo made up some kits for this but I did find this which if memory serves is pretty similar so may do the trick for you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ducati-mon...gAAOSwax5YyrOD

Or Ducati Performance made this when your bike was current that tidied it up without cutting the frame rails- still a bit of a tray but much smaller:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-MON...sAAOSwnHZYYzhD
Old 22-03-2017, 06:32 PM   #6
Mickster

Thanks. Very helpful. I think the Ducati one doesn't change things that much from how it looks. The other one looks more like what I want and not too crazy a price yet. Think I'll bid on that and if it goes silly make my own. Cheers Flip.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #7
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Good man Mickster

Clearly you're not the sort of guy who would walk around with the tags still attached to your shirt

I ended up making my own tail tidy

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...1&postcount=39

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...8&postcount=41

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 08:04 AM   #8
Oriolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickster View Post
Hi Guys,

I've got a M620 last year having swapped an old GSX600. Loving the Monster, but would like to change the look a little. I am trying to source a tail tiday, but can't find one anywhere other than US. Also the prices look rather high for what I am assessing as fairly simple metal work. Any ideas out there of where I could get one at a more reasonable price?

TIA,
Mickster
Hey buddy,

I did the job myself after purchasing the tail tidy from ducatimonstertailchop.com. In total it worked out about £80-ish I think, but it has everything you need and its specifically made for the Monster. E-mail Ty or go on the website. Very helpful and lots of testimonial. Definitely worth the money.

Just trying to work out how to upload a picture...