UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » rearsets

Old 19-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #16
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
I'm a naturally cautious person so it would still concern me a bit that the picture on ebay wasn't actually of the product advertised. I suppose they might only be made to order so there isn't one available to photograph.

If these are of comparable quality to the Satos, then that's already a great price. Still, as this is an ebay seller, you could try making a cheeky bid or asking for free shipping - you might be lucky!

Anyway, let us know what you decide and what the rearsets are like, if you get them.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 12:59 PM   #17
Frosty 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I'm a naturally cautious person so it would still concern me a bit that the picture on ebay wasn't actually of the product advertised. I suppose they might only be made to order so there isn't one available to photograph.

If these are of comparable quality to the Satos, then that's already a great price. Still, as this is an ebay seller, you could try making a cheeky bid or asking for free shipping - you might be lucky!

Anyway, let us know what you decide and what the rearsets are like, if you get them.
I agree, seems sketchy. but can't afford rizoma or woodcrafts as of this time.hahaha! It is a gamble and risk for the purchase. maybe giving them an offer for a lower price for it.
Old 19-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #18
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
22thousand+ feedback, 100% positive...
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:45 AM   #19
Dingo

I have them on my 2008 696, great quality and finish, they look identical to the Sarto ones,
Pain to fit but worth it, got mine from a guy in the UK for £120 (I think he looked in the box and saw all the pieces and thought "F**K that")

Last edited by Dingo; 06-05-2017 at 08:49 AM..
Old 06-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #20
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I think that's a great price and they look pretty good too, even if they are copies of the Sato ones made in the US, still worth a punt I would say and although the Spider ones from Pompone are great too, I think the import tax would be quite high from the UK.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #21
Frosty 2.0

Any have had experience with this comapny and their rearsets? Thanks!http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252930258571?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 11-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #22
Luddite

I've not come across these before. There appears to be lots of adjustment and the price is not too bad. I don't know what your import duties would be like; more than buying from the US? From a design point of view though, I prefer the Sato copies from your earlier post. Did you decide not to go for those in the end?
Old 11-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #23
Frosty 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I've not come across these before. There appears to be lots of adjustment and the price is not too bad. I don't know what your import duties would be like; more than buying from the US? From a design point of view though, I prefer the Sato copies from your earlier post. Did you decide not to go for those in the end?
Thanks for the reply Luddite, thing is, when I decided to buy the product from my first pose and clicking buy it, the page then says that the seller doesnt want any bids or offer coming from me. I contacted them and they said it is still for sale and dont know why I cant buy it.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:13 PM   #24
Luddite

That's strange. Perhaps after your earlier questions, they thought you were a spy from Sato!

I don't think they were made under licence in Florida; I think they were imported Chinese copies. Here are the exact same items (even down to the same photos) direct from China for only C$220 with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/182386662912

Chinese rearsets...

Florida rearsets...

Tempting at that price! But note from the photo that the brake light switch wiring is bare; you'd have to add your own plug.

Let us know what you eventually go for.

Last edited by Luddite; 11-05-2017 at 11:31 PM..
Old 12-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #25
Cobra88

Pins just swap into original plug

Fitted 2 sets of these for other people
Sadly dont fit evo as abs hose is too long and solid

Great quality
Rick

Edit--- might fit now as originally listed only for 696-796-1100
That listing says ABS

Last edited by Cobra88; 12-05-2017 at 07:52 AM..
Old 13-05-2017, 11:57 PM   #26
Frosty 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra88 View Post
Pins just swap into original plug

Fitted 2 sets of these for other people
Sadly dont fit evo as abs hose is too long and solid

Great quality
Rick

Edit--- might fit now as originally listed only for 696-796-1100
That listing says ABS
Also considering that on the first photo from topmax motors. Can you say something about the functions and quality of the ones you fitted?
Old 14-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #27
Cobra88

I Can

Anodising fades fast and some of the bolts are of dubious quality.

cnc work is great and good quality material otherwise.

ie: if I bought a set I would replace all the bolts with properly rated fasteners and get cnc parts powder coated.

I would much rather fit Gilles VCR and do nothing else personally

but the Chinese ones are not terrible if you don't mind replacing a few fasteners and fading anodising

They work fine

Regards
Rick
Old 14-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #28
Luddite

What Cobra says about the anodising seems to be a common complaint when talking about Chinese CNC stuff, whether it's mirrors, levers or footrests.

It looks like these footrests also come in silver, which I prefer (my rearsets are silver). If you went for those, faded anodising wouldn't be such a problem.
Old 14-05-2017, 01:01 PM   #29
Cobra88

Hi Luddite

I only changed fasteners as they had zero markings and where soft stainless

I prefer marked stuff on what I deem safely items like brake pedals and footrests.
The other thing I'm not 100% happy with is the rearsets pictured don't look like they have bearings in where they bolt to the swinging arm pivot.
(they may have but look like bushes unlike the ones I fitted which came from same seller but a few months ago)
they may have just made neater covers for bearings

Regards
Rick
Old 15-05-2017, 02:44 AM   #30
Frosty 2.0

talked with the seller just now, said that I still need a hydraulic brake switch for it and according to their site, it is only for track use that I will be needing the switch and maybe brake return spring. Can i use my oem return spring and my brake switch for it?