UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Watch servicing and vintage pop-up workshop in Hackney

Old 22-03-2017, 07:49 PM   #1
yantheman
Bronze Member

Bike: M620sie
Watch servicing and vintage pop-up workshop in Hackney

Hi, please let me know if my post breaks any forum rules. Not bike related...

To give my watchmaker career a kickstart, I am hosting a pop-up watch workshop kind of meet this Saturday 25th March at Tempesta Coffee at Hackney in an office site called Fieldworks. The address is 274 Richmond Road, Hackney E8 3QW. On the day I will have demonstration on servicing a mechanical watch, both wind up and automatics. I would be there to help people to value their vintage time pieces and also I will have a selection of vintage watches for sale, which are all fully serviced and ready to be enjoyed by wacth enthusiasts. If you are in London and into watches, pop-in for a chat!

If forum members have vinatge/modern mechanical watches that need fixing or servicing, I am your man! Forum members enjoy a 10% discount on the cost of serving/repair/restoring their vintage time pieces!

My site is at: http://70swatches.blogspot.co.uk/

Price list is here: http://70swatches.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_2.html

Prices are fraction of high street jewellers and also dealers. Besides dealers don't fix vintage watches. I have over 30 years of collecting vintage watches and over 25 years of bench experience and only recently decided to try to turn it into a career.

Last edited by yantheman; 22-03-2017 at 07:54 PM..
yantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Best of luck in your new venture Yan

Out of interest, in the watch world, how old is 'vintage'?

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
yantheman
Bronze Member

Bike: M620sie
Thanks Dirty.... I hope so too!

Ha, thats a good question, don't think there is a rule to it, anything not currently in production can be classified as vintage, but I guess more than 20 years old.
yantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 05:22 AM   #4
Aviatore

I've one or two that could use a look, unfortunately I can't make the 25th but as you're not too far away I'll be sure to pop in sometime. Best of luck with the new career!