UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Change of mind

Old 20-09-2020, 04:17 PM   #16
Lessaint

Bike: S4Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
Blimey Les, my heads spinning, that's three great finds,each better than the previous,don't do anything to this one for at least seven days.....you may spot a brand new one "found" at the back of a workshop
Moco too late the Monster Chop tail tidy is in the air as we speak
Lessaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 06:36 PM   #17
Moco1961

Now ,if I may be so bold, if both you and Kimbo attended the weekender we could have a best red S4rs comp !
Old 20-09-2020, 06:50 PM   #18
Lessaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
I don't think the rearsets will swap over easily because the S4r frame the rearsets fix to the swinging arm spindle which they don't on the S4. Also the engine covers may look similar but the Testastretta is a different generation to the DesmoQuattro and in any case I think they changed the water pump so it would not be an easy swap in any case. It might be possible to swap the clutch case cover but why bother? I wouldn't want to make an S4RS bitsa, it would be best IMHO to leave it as it is or just fit genuine DP parts to it (if you can find any?).
Darren,
the Rizoma rear sets are staying on the S4 i think the gold coloured Magnesium clutch & generator/water pump covers look better on the S4 so they are staying on the S4, DP parts yes, but are rare as you mentioned.

She looks lovely as she is
Old 21-09-2020, 04:45 AM   #19
Lessaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
A completely stock S4RS is a bike that might actually increase in value if you don’t mess with it. I’d want to lose the lowered footrests (think I’d start grinding those pretty quickly) and find some stock ones too.
Slob all the OEM stuff came with the bike, tail chop is on the cards which is reversible and wouldn't require welding
Old 21-09-2020, 06:30 AM   #20
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
probably best to sit on your hands for a fortnight before getting the hacksaw out, given your recent changes of mind, ‘reversible’ is open to interpretation when you have a collectable bike, you could knock a 1000g and £1000 off the back in five minutes

If it was me, I’d look for a short DP carbon tea-tray and leave the frame alone
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 08:06 AM   #21
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessaint View Post
I was supposed to pick my S4rs Black & Grey up Saturday morning, phone call from the seller Friday night saying the bike was no longer available
Perhaps they found out you are hot stuff with a hacksaw?
Old 21-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #22
walkingpictures
preneolithic frebie

Quote:
Now ,if I may be so bold, if both you and Kimbo attended the weekender we could have a best red S4rs comp !

Kimbo
walkingpictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 06:21 PM   #23
Lessaint

Quote:
Moco what weekender and where
Old 21-09-2020, 06:34 PM   #24
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=58683
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 07:24 PM   #25
Moco1961

Quote:
.......Les, do you know when you log onto the forum mate and there is a poster filling the screen ..............I know you have been focus sing on bargain hunting at the moment
Old 21-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #26
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
depends what you bookmarked Mike...
I use http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...hp?do=getdaily
which is ‘today’s posts’, so I rarely see the homepage
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 07:51 PM   #27
Moco1961

Quote:
depends what you bookmarked Mike...
I use http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...hp?do=getdaily
which is ‘today’s posts’, so I rarely see the homepage
......there you go again Rob ,getting all Tech, so " bookmarked". .??.
Old 21-09-2020, 07:59 PM   #28
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
That does look nice that one, not as tricked up as the black one though. Did you get your deposit back?
Much nicer than the black one in my opinion- it seemed a bit of a mish-mash of parts to me with it's Gia ca Moto indicators which pre-dated the post TPG bikes, especially as they were two pairs of short stem (rear fitment) meaning the front ones were partially hidden instead of them being the correct long stem items so they poke out properly.

Quote:
probably best to sit on your hands for a fortnight before getting the hacksaw out, given your recent changes of mind, ‘reversible’ is open to interpretation when you have a collectable bike, you could knock a 1000g and £1000 off the back in five minutes

If it was me, I’d look for a short DP carbon tea-tray and leave the frame alone
Hear Hear!!

I agree!

I'm not totally against tail chopping Monsters (although personally I wouldn't) but in my opinion the S4RS is the last in the line of 'true' Monsters before Audi got their mitts on the designs and the Euro emissions stifled things further.

I appreciate the new bikes are technically great with all their electronic bells and whistles but the S4RS for me, is that 'in-betweener' where although far from being totally analogue it almost harks back to the days where engine performance out strips that of the chassis, unlike previous Monsters where the chassis copes with the motors' power in a much more controlled fashion. Obviously there is a sliding scale -you're never going to tie my old 900 in a knot but you might get in a little trouble with an S4R for example, but without the traction control and anti-wheelie whizz bangs of current bikes it's down to rider ability to tame it.

Again, I am not one for 'investment' vehicles (I wouldn't have raced a 1965 Mach 1 if I was) and believe they should be used and enjoyed and of course every owner has the right to do whatever they want with their property but the S4RS (especially one as nice as this one) is probably the only water cooled Monster I would consider buying (I had beautiful S4 alongside my 900 back in 2004 but wasn't a fan of that motor-sorry) but not if it has been chopped- even if it did have a couple of bits of pipe in a bag with it

Quote:
That'd be the one that had a complete frame then

Last edited by Flip; 21-09-2020 at 08:03 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote