UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Monster 1100 Evo 2013

Old 24-08-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
Enjay

Monster 1100 Evo 2013

Hi, new member here! Got my first Ducati-a 2013 Monster 1100 Evo-600 miles from new! Does anyone have a standard as new rear hugger or can recommend a new carbon one? Also what’s the best led indicator option-do the later Ducati Performance ones fit? Thanks in advance all😃
Old 24-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #2
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Welcome to the forum Enjay 600 miles from new, bikes not even run in.
Old 24-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #3
Moco1961

welcome along Enjay.........sounds like a bit of a find. Your next challenge is to post a pic or two !
Old 24-08-2020, 10:43 AM   #4
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Welcome aboard, Enjay, and congratulations on finding such a box-fresh Evo!

I fitted the DP LED indicators (96629909B). They're a good product but grossly overpriced, (you'll find that's a recurring theme with DP items!). If you like that style, you can get much cheaper, identical looking copies elsewhere. Have a look at this thread:
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...d.php?p=544841

There's a link at post #9.

I can recommend Fullsix for a carbon hugger but there are many other similar products out there e.g. Carbonworld or Ilmberger, (both German).

Have a look here for what mods and bolt-ons are available:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=55168

If you do any low speed or town work and don't like the fuelling, consider getting Neil at Cornerspeed to reflash the ECU. Probably the best single mod I've done. More information here:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=54450

Finally - pictures please!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #5
Luddite

PS just a thought but, as it's only done 600 miles, do you know when, (or if), the belts were changed? With that mileage, they could be the originals and you don't want to be riding around on seven-year-old belts!
Old 24-08-2020, 01:33 PM   #6
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hopefully they will have changed the oil and tyres too!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2020, 07:33 PM   #7
makemdan

Hi enjay
500 miles.. That's a cracking find. I had my evo delivered last week with 8750 miles which I thought was really low mileage but I'm now wearing a cocked hat ��
makemdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 09:54 PM   #8
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
As Luddite says the DP indicators are overpriced. They are usually made by another Italian manufacturer as a universal aftermarket indicator. They are packaged for Ducati with Ducati compatible connectors and somehow the price usually more than doubles. If you do a bit of hunting on the internet you can usually find the non DP versions for sale, often in Italy. However having had some older ones (compared to the latest DP ones) they were of the quality I’d expect for what I paid, but that really wasn’t very much about £20 if I remember correctly.

My personal favourite LED indicator at present is the Rizoma Leggera. Unfortunately they are not cheap. I have them on my Streetfighter 848. They are small, but incredibly bright. Some people will probably find them too small and not in keeping with the look of their bike, but I think they suit my SF848. I’d fit them to an M1100evo if I still had one.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #9
Luddite

I just clicked on the link I mentioned above to make sure it still worked, (it does!), and, as you can see from the pictures, these Evotech versions appear identical to the DP ones, (Evotech above, DP below).

The Evotech site has a picture showing the size and I checked this against my DP ones and, as you can see, they're pretty much identical.

The Evotech ones are only about £30 per pair but, be aware, you'd need to add 10W resistors and some adapter plates to complete the set. (You can see these extras in the DP photo). The resistors and adaptors are cheap enough though. E.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-P...-/361675100697

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-C...0/133099459697
Old 30-08-2020, 05:33 PM   #10
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
I believe that the indicators in the picture are made by FAR. At £30 for a pair you get what you pay for. My experience is that after a few years some of the LEDs will no longer work and the screw that holds the case together will have rusted so much it’ll be next to impossible to unscrew because the head falls to pieces. My bike lived outside (under a waterproof cover), which probably made a difference. If your bike is kept warm and dry the indicators will probably last a long time.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #11
Uncle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjay View Post
Hi, new member here! Got my first Ducati-a 2013 Monster 1100 Evo-600 miles from new!
Congrats Enjay. I got my 2013 plater not that long ago with 2500 ish on the clock and I thought that was low mileage (which of of course it is) but 600 miles is unreal!

I'm not really into modding and I intend to keep mine standard(ish) however the REXXER reflash has made a significant difference to low spped running, so if you find that affects you then it's worthwhile, along with the lambda sensor delete (required if you get the reflash). I then also removed the redundant exhaust valve motor from under the pillion seat which makes a nice space for a disc lock.

Anyway, first and foremost, enjoy the bike!
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:03 AM   #12
cactus

Bike: M900ie
All the best and welcome to the forum.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: