UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Capo.

Old 29-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #46
Sirc

Bike: M1200R
Thanks for posting that Utopia (#40)
Old 29-07-2020, 12:06 PM   #47
boris
More Tools!

Bike: Multiple Monsters
R.I.P Capo, unknown to me but you seem to have been a true Legend and valued friend to those that knew you. With today's trend for political correctness, and the new horror of history re-writing/erasing, it makes you wonder if our likes' will ever have the opportunity to produce a "Character" again?
Old 31-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #48
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I had a "Stewart" moment this morning.
I was on the drive, fitting a new rear wiper arm to my little Citroen C1 while waiting for the DHL delivery man to bring a new lithium battery for the monster.
I had sprayed the retaining nut and spindle with penetrating oil over the last three days .. Stewart would have approved of that.
The steel wiper motor spindle has a taper spline section which mates with an aluminium taper bore bush in the wiper arm, and the steel splines bite into the plain tapered aluminium bore to effect a lock to provide the drive.
I chuckled as I held the imaginary conversation with Stewart about the huge potential for galvanic corrosion between the dissimilar metals while I removed the old, corroded solid arm.
I knew he would have approved as I resisted the temptation to heave a spanner on the retaining nut with the consequent chance of damaging the wiper motor, preferring instead to carefully break away the damaged plastic wiper arm and then hacksaw a slit in the aluminium bush so it could be prised off carefully
I chuckled further as I went to the shed to fetch the little pot of blue, corrosion-block grease that he had given me years earlier .. which I duly smeared on the steel shaft and aluminium bush before fitting the new arm in position.
I chuckled yet again as I discarded the original plain steel nut and washer and instead bolted the assembly tight using a stainless, nylock nut and washer.
He would have approved of all of this.
I chuckled yet again as the DHL van then pulled up and my new lithium battery arrived .. since this was to a great extent a modification that had been inspired by Stewart's obsession with weight saving on a motorcycle (it saves a massive 5kg over the original wet battery on my bike).

Gone he may be .. forgotten, not a chance.

Battery is now fitted.
Time for a coffee and then its out for an "Italian tune-up" I reckon.
utopia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:10 AM   #49
MerlinPV12

Bike: M1100evo
Just seen this. Although I never met Capo, his technical knowledge was clear and his bike a proper work of art. RIP.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:37 AM   #50
ANDRI-973

Memories of Donington..
Capo took a room in our hotel to stay close to us and drove us from the hotel to the circuit every day, then took us to Ducaty Coventry to meet John Hackett an finally to London...
We will never forget Capo for sure!!

Last edited by ANDRI-973; 07-08-2020 at 08:42 AM..
Old 05-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #51
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
RIP Stewart. I don’t come on here often these days, but have been saddened this morning to learn of Capos passing. My late thoughts go out to October and all his other family and friends.
I had the pleasure of his company on many occasions over the years and always respected his knowledge and opinions on things. A very sad day.
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote