UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » 1100 Evo rearsets

Old 30-01-2020, 08:50 PM   #1
Doggy

Bike: M796
1100 Evo rearsets

Hi folks, I'm after a set of 1100 evo complete rearsets if anyone has any for sale . These are to go on my 796 as I'm sure fitment looks the same?
Mind you so do s4R ones ? Although they aren't black.
Thanks.
Colin
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 09:01 PM   #2
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Colin the EVO rear sets are not the same as 1100 ones as i found out its the brake master cylinder was the problem
Old 30-01-2020, 11:16 PM   #3
Pezz

Bike: M1100s
Hi Colin - I've got Evo rearset that are going on my 1100s. I've done the gear side and I'm in the process of doing the brake side. As far as I know the issue with the master cylinder is that it is in a more elevated posistion on the Evo ones as oppose to the standard ones so you need a longer brake line and the plastic guide for the brake line under the swing arm makes it awkward to fit. I think either cutting this down or removing it and using p-clips helps.

I've got a pair of rearsets that Geoff made - I think they were original 1100s rearsets that he cut off the passenger part and filed down - they are really well done - he had them powder coated black but never put them on his bike. I think he got some S2R or S4R ones. I bought them off him for the cost of the powder coating. I didn't put them on as they dont have heel guards and went for the Evo ones instead. There might be a way of fitting some kind of heel guard to Geoff's somehow [beyond my capabilities though] You are more than welcome to have them as they are just sat in the garage not doing anything and knowing Geoff he would much prefer them being used. I think with these there isn't any issue with the master cylinder or the brake line as it fits in the same place [tucked away inside]

I can send you some photos if you want to see what the look like

Last edited by Pezz; 31-01-2020 at 10:26 AM..
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 04:28 AM   #4
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
http://www.desmoperformanceparts.com...earset/4813862

I think Max is on here if you wanted more info but I doubt you will find better quality for that price. I had a set and they were really nice, beautifully made.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 06:26 AM   #5
Doggy

Thanks for the helpful info guys.
Pezz, can you send me some pics please. I like the position of the original pegs, would just like to open up the view of the rear wheel a bit more.
Colinswinfield@googlemail.com

Darren, they look lovely. Very tempting in deed.
Old 31-01-2020, 10:27 AM   #6
Pezz

Bike: M1100s
Cool -I'll get some photos for you over the weekend.
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #7
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
Thanks for the helpful info guys.
Pezz, can you send me some pics please. I like the position of the original pegs, would just like to open up the view of the rear wheel a bit more.
Colinswinfield@googlemail.com

Darren, they look lovely. Very tempting in deed.
Hi Colin, my rear sets are same as Max supplies, he was the guy you met when we was at Cloudwater !
alan c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #8
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
Plus 1 for desmo performance parts. That’s where I got mine from.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #9
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
Hi Colin - I've got Evo rearset that are going on my 1100s. I've done the gear side and I'm in the process of doing the brake side. As far as I know the issue with the master cylinder is that it is in a more elevated posistion on the Evo ones as oppose to the standard ones so you need a longer brake line and the plastic guide for the brake line under the swing arm makes it awkward to fit. I think either cutting this down or removing it and using p-clips helps.

I've got a pair of rearsets that Geoff made - I think they were original 1100s rearsets that he cut off the passenger part and filed down - they are really well done - he had them powder coated black but never put them on his bike. I think he got some S2R or S4R ones. I bought them off him for the cost of the powder coating. I didn't put them on as they dont have heel guards and went for the Evo ones instead. There might be a way of fitting some kind of heel guard to Geoff's somehow [beyond my capabilities though] You are more than welcome to have them as they are just sat in the garage not doing anything and knowing Geoff he would much prefer them being used. I think with these there isn't any issue with the master cylinder or the brake line as it fits in the same place [tucked away inside]

I can send you some photos if you want to see what the look like
I remember talking or him asking me advice about fitting s2r ones as I had rizomas on my 1100s. Even fitting them I had to modify the height and positioning of the reservoir which was done with some 3mm carbon fibre sheet. Colin accept the offer im sure I can assist making some heel guards with ease as I made some for an evo .

Last edited by Albie; 31-01-2020 at 03:49 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 04:47 PM   #10
Doggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan c View Post
Hi Colin, my rear sets are same as Max supplies, he was the guy you met when we was at Cloudwater !
He was also at the last breakfast meet. You know, the one you couldn't be bothered to come to....
Old 31-01-2020, 05:44 PM   #11
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
It was nice to see him there.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 08:52 PM   #12
Doggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post