UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Steve @ BBB fabrications

Old 24-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #31
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
I've been watching this thread with interest since it was resurrected.
One the first page, Stafford commented that I might have an opinion on BBB fabs.
Generally I don't comment about a businesses work , as I run my own ( I'm a plumbing and heating engineer) and social media is a double edged sword. But in this case I think its about time something was said.
I used BBB to fabricate some link pipes and brackets on my S4 so the Muffler's would be mounted in a mid position at the rear of the bike.
Steve took several attempts to do this. Each time the work was not acceptable.the bike was collected when the I felt the std of work was as good as Steve could manage, but still not what I would have expected of an engineer.
I challenged Steve about his std of work, which included bending the stand to clear the link pipes( this was not agreed upon at any time, and as you guys will be aware the stand is cast and susceptible to snaping) His attitude was off hand and not interested.
Its up to yourselves as to whether his services are used, but be cautious.
Old 24-05-2016, 12:32 PM   #32
RossObey01

Just tried calling again - the numbers on that Facebook banner are the old ones/same as on the website. He says new phone in a post, but doesn't mention anything about a number. The 07873 348962 number says unavailable and the land-line number just rings until answer machine. Just sent him a message on Facebook to see what comes of that.

Last edited by RossObey01; 24-05-2016 at 12:34 PM..
Old 24-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #33
Nottsbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I've been watching this thread with interest since it was resurrected.
One the first page, Stafford commented that I might have an opinion on BBB fabs.
Generally I don't comment about a businesses work , as I run my own ( I'm a plumbing and heating engineer) and social media is a double edged sword. But in this case I think its about time something was said.
I used BBB to fabricate some link pipes and brackets on my S4 so the Muffler's would be mounted in a mid position at the rear of the bike.
Steve took several attempts to do this. Each time the work was not acceptable.the bike was collected when the I felt the std of work was as good as Steve could manage, but still not what I would have expected of an engineer.
I challenged Steve about his std of work, which included bending the stand to clear the link pipes( this was not agreed upon at any time, and as you guys will be aware the stand is cast and susceptible to snaping) His attitude was off hand and not interested.
Its up to yourselves as to whether his services are used, but be cautious.
Blimey bending an ally stand - did it ever snap? I'd have been paranoid about relying on it.
Old 24-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #34
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottsbiker View Post
Blimey bending an ally stand - did it ever snap? I'd have been paranoid about relying on it.
I've never trusted the stand since, the bike sits on a paddock stand in the garage, and a replacement had been fitted.
Old 30-05-2016, 05:40 PM   #35
RossObey01

I got an email from PayPal yesterday saying they have decided to reimburse me with the £16 for the case saver. Never heard anything from Steve, despite sending him a Facebook message not too long ago.

Hopefully anyone who considers buying from him sees this thread first.
Old 30-05-2016, 06:57 PM   #36
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Come to think of it I;ve not seen his ebay listings for 888 subframes for a while. You would have thought with his fabrication skillls he could have made a stand from steel rather than bend the original one! That's not good 'cos they're brittle in any case.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:14 PM   #37
SteveG

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossObey01 View Post
I got an email from PayPal yesterday saying they have decided to reimburse me with the £16 for the case saver. Never heard anything from Steve, despite sending him a Facebook message not too long ago.

Hopefully anyone who considers buying from him sees this thread first.
Ditto... Similarly he (Steve @BB Fabrications) stopped responding to my attempts at communications. I have to say impressed with PayPal recovery process. Simple and effective with clear dates and actions as promised.
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #38
Miky

I wished I found this thread three weeks ago!!!!
Got his details from another forum where he was highly recommended.
His number is 07873 348962 if anyones interested
I'll be contacting PP for a refund
Old 08-06-2018, 04:09 PM   #39
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Hi Miky,
I also ordered a case saver about two weeks ago. I rang Steve and got no reply but he did call me the next day from the missed number I suppose. He was apologetic and said the fabrication was a sideline and he had been busy.

So make of it what you will, but I thought I would share that information with you - and everyone else.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #40
Miky

Thanks Jez
I have chased him quite a bit and every time the story changes.
If you do get yours will you let me know?
Old 08-06-2018, 06:57 PM   #41
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miky View Post
Thanks Jez
I have chased him quite a bit and every time the story changes.
If you do get yours will you let me know?
I will let you know here when it arrives - I'm staying positive, but of course with Paypal its always OK.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: