UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Biker Friendly Cafes/Hotels etc » Les Ballastieres B&B, northern France

Old 07-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Les Ballastieres B&B, northern France

My last night in France on returning from WDW was spent at Les Ballastieres (http://www.lesballastieres.com/), a biker-friendly B&B in St Pol sur Ternoise, just over an hour south east of Calais, near the Circuit de Croix.

Run by British bikers Paul & Sue (fans of Milwaukee rather than Bolognese twins, but one can't have everything), it's a converted farmhouse, with an indoor space where bikes can be parked (locked up at night), kit drying facilities, a decent cup of tea (or a beer) on arrival, and 3 friendly cats (the cream and white fluffy one couldn't resist my black Draggins!)

Accommodation was comfortable rather than super deluxe and the location is quiet. I had a spacious double room with en suite shower for which I paid 63 Euros for the night including continental breakfast. The ambiance is more spare room in someone's home than boutique hotel. There are English books and old bike magazines to read.

They don't serve dinner but Sue gave me a map of St Pol sur Ternoise and directions and recommended the Cafe de La Poste around 15 minutes walk away. The landlord there, Bruno, brews his own beer (the brune at 6% was nice, if strong ) and serves northern French food (3 courses and coffee for just under 18 Euros, and lots of chips for those who like them!)

Handy for a last stop before the channel ports and clearly geared up for British bikers.
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: