UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » And how many vehicles at your address..?

Old 12-08-2020, 07:35 PM   #16
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post

Is the Mito meant to look a bit like a 916 by any chance?

Or is it the other way round ??
Old 13-08-2020, 07:04 AM   #17
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Mito was designed by Tamburini @CRC same as the 916. I don't recall which came first though 916 or Mito or maybe both around the same time?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 07:49 AM   #18
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Mito was designed by Tamburini @CRC same as the 916. I don't recall which came first though 916 or Mito or maybe both around the same time?
Mito production was 1989 apparently. They also had the Monster variant Cagiva Planet. Very similar to the monster indeed.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 08:20 AM   #19
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Mito production was 1989 apparently. They also had the Monster variant Cagiva Planet. Very similar to the monster indeed.
But the Mito didn’t look so much like a 916 until it was restyled in ‘94 by Sergio Robbiano to become the Mito EV.

The headlights, fairing and other parts of the earlier bike were changed to look like a mini-version of the 916.

http://www.woiweb.com/index.php/Cagiva_Mito
Old 13-08-2020, 04:19 PM   #20
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Mito Evo and 916 were both released around the same time in 1994 (was it really that long ago??) and as they were both designed by the same person working for the same company, it's not really unsurprising that they look similar.

Regardless, the plastics are off, the carb has been cleaned, the air filter fell apart in my hands, it seems that the headlights have been replaced with ebay special HID bulbs and transformers, and the brake reservoirs were empty and the battery is still flat.

But it runs..!

The starter makes a hell of a 'bang' when it engages and it's a bit rumbly on tick over. I also need to look into the charging as it doesn't seem to be (but I read somewhere that it needs to be revved quite a bit to get any charge out of the system so it's something else on the increasingly large list)
Old 22-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #21
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

If anyone's interested, I managed to MoT it yesterday then take it for a spin and it's a bit different to the Monster.

It's noisy (no advisory though ), hard and if it's not in the right gear then forget acceleration as there won't be any. It's hard on my wrists and back and doesn't enjoy low speeds or low revs so pops, bangs, lurches and is generally miserable. There's a dodgy connection somewhere so the headlight didn't always work (fun in the dark) and the tacho goes from nice and stable up to 8000 revs then it's wobbling like a good 'un anywhere between 8 and 12k above that. Oh, a gallon and a half of 99 RON lasted less than 50 miles and decent 2 stroke oil is £13 a litre !

However... ride like a tw@, red line in every gear, head down, bum up and it's absolutely awesome

It won't replace the S2r but I think I have another keeper
Old 22-09-2020, 05:35 PM   #22
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah blah View Post
If anyone's interested, I managed to MoT it yesterday then take it for a spin and it's a bit different to the Monster.

It's noisy (no advisory though ), hard and if it's not in the right gear then forget acceleration as there won't be any. It's hard on my wrists and back and doesn't enjoy low speeds or low revs so pops, bangs, lurches and is generally miserable. There's a dodgy connection somewhere so the headlight didn't always work (fun in the dark) and the tacho goes from nice and stable up to 8000 revs then it's wobbling like a good 'un anywhere between 8 and 12k above that. Oh, a gallon and a half of 99 RON lasted less than 50 miles and decent 2 stroke oil is £13 a litre !

However... ride like a tw@, red line in every gear, head down, bum up and it's absolutely awesome

It won't replace the S2r but I think I have another keeper
What’s not to like! 👍
Old 22-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #23
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Don't they have something stupid like 7 gears?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote