UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati Proteam - Help save one the best independents around

Old 12-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #1
Shuffy

Ducati Proteam - Help save one the best independents around

I saw this very sad message on Ducati Proteam's Facebook feed this morning and thought some of you guys might like to try and help.

"Hi Everyone, I'm sorry to say it looks like Ducati Proteam will be shutting down at the end of this month. Unfortunately there just hasn't been enough bikes coming through the doors for the last three months, not sure why, but the bottom line is I have an empty diary and bills to pay. Basically, I have two weeks to sort things out, so if you were thinking about getting some work done, please phone now. I know it all sounds desperate, but it is.
I do enjoy meeting you and working on your bikes, hopefully doing a good job.
So thanks for reading this.
Regards, Al.'"

I know a few of you on the forum use Ducati Proteam in Strood for servicing and repairs, but you might not be aware Alec is going through a really tough period and may possibly close at the end of the month. I've used him for many years and I can't recommend him highly enough, he has a huge knowledge of Ducati's, always does a first rate job and at a very reasonable cost. Oh and he's a thoroughly nice guy with it! I know times are tough for a lot of people and making a small business viable in the current climate is really difficult. It would be such a shame to loose a really great independent, who's very often gone out of his way to help a lot of us to get back on the road, often at short notice.

SO, if you're somewhere in the South East and need some work or a service done on your bike get in touch with Alec NOW. If you've never used him definitely give him try, I think you be more than impressed. Check out the reviews on his Facebook page.

But if we don't use him, we loose him and that really would be a terrible shame.

Alec
Ducati Proteam
6a Cuxton Rd
Strood ME2 2BT

01634 711556

Facebook: Ducati ProTeam Ltd

PS Just for the record, I don't have any personal affiliation with Ducati Proteam, I'm just a very happy customer, who'd hate to see a really hard working guy's business close.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #2
FLATTOP

Shuffy excellent post, I’ve been in touch with Al this afternoon and booked Belts Mot and full service you don’t realise the importance of what Al provides until your faced with possibly losing it, I echo all what you have said Alec is a thoroughly decent guy who has helped me out in the past and I would also advise any newbies to Ducati to give him a go if your in the South East you won’t be disappointed.

Also to add he provides a collection and return pick up of your bike for a very reasonable fee which to those who have mothballed their bikes no Mot ect is very convenient.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
Shuffy

That's great Flattop. Thanks for reminding everyone about the collection service too, invaluable if your bike's not roadworthy or you're just really busy. I'm calling him tomorrow morning to book my 796 for belts and a service. Let's hope with a bit more custom he can stay open, it will be a real loss to the Ducati community if he closes.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
Good post Shuffy though very sad and alarming news - it would be awful to lose ducati proteam, I only had my full service and MoT done with Al a couple of months back and was the usual great service and price. Having used various official Ducati dealers and independents in London/SE over my 25 years of Ducati ownership (I'm London based), with varying levels of satisfaction (ranging from awful to OK but pricey) I found Al/Ducati Proteam through UKMOC several years ago and never looked back. He does a great job at very reasonable prices and no bull**** extra costs, unlike many, he's very professional (including thorough paperwork on what's been done/checked etc) and helpful - my bike has never been sweeter than after he started working on it. He's always flexible and is great at communication too (I had to sort things from abroad when away with work a few times and he was happy to exchange emails to sort it all). Great service, great guy.

I know everyone has their favourite mechanic/garage but if you are based anywhere near him you should give him a try! If you're London based he will normally pick up the bike from you for a v reasonable cost, service it and deliver it back - how easy is that? Or you can have a nice ride to drop off with him and get train back from strood (train station is just 5 min walk from the workshop and fast train gets you to Stratford or st Pancras stations in London in no time). Why go to a main dealer and pay through the nose when you can have a real expert like Al work on your bike for far less?

Really hope people make use of Al's services, it would be a really sad day if we lose Ducati Proteam, both for Al personally and for all of us in London/SE who already have rather too few good options for getting quality and affordable Ducati servicing...

And yeah no connection to the business here either other than being a very satisfied customer for 10 years or so now...

Yellowfever
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:04 PM   #5
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
Just booked for new belts etc in the new year.

Alec busy now after Chris's post (nice one ) He will arrange to collect and return my bike after works, what a great service !

Please keep your bookings coming

Thanks

Alan
alan c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:28 PM   #6
rac3r

Noo! I've used Alec/Proteam for my last few services and he did my brake upgrade last time around. I was hoping to get him to do a few bits in the future but will have to try and push it forward if I can afford it.

Hope it all gets sorted Alec!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: